Getting into Coyotes

jakeway

My dad used to trap them, but I had never seriously hunted for them. I managed to kill a few while deer hunting, and would like to get into some deliberate hunting for them after deer season closes. My problem is getting a place to hunt; my little deer woods is very thickly wooded, so there aren't many places to call where I can see even 100 yards.

I hope this forum takes off, so I can learn more tips.

This guy and his mate were running along the back ridge of the farm while I was still hunting last Friday. I saw them about 100 yards away, running right to left. I slowly stalked along abother 20 yards or so and saw them sneaking back left to right. I shot this guy at 50 yards; the other ran away too fast for me to get another shot.

The landowner was thrilled at my kill. They've lost some dogs and cats to the coyotes, and this fall had three yotes run into their front yard and one of them ran through the horse barn!

Rifle is Ruger M77 compact in 243.

DayafterThanksgiving.jpg

243andCoyote.jpg

Tiny

:cool:

Never have got into it myself but have gave it some thought.shot several while deer hunting in GA. One thing,seeing as your wanting to learn as I'am, on a few of them I kept them around long enough to get a shoot,and in a few cases they actually hid out for few a minutes after I grunted on the Grunt Tube. I'am wondering if they along with the Can or Fawn Calls would be effective at the right time of year to bring them in???

Latest posts