Getting antsy!

megalomaniac

Had the day off yesterday, decided to check out some new spots I found on Google earth and do some listening since I haven't found any toms on my lease again this year.

Didn't hear any birds, a couple spots were total busts and uninhabitable by turkeys, but I did find 2 spots that I think will be incredible. Some fresh scratching, a few tracks, and found a very old tail fan feather.

One big low point... forest service pushed in a new burn lane and seeded it with wheat. Starts right at an easy access point from a main road and leads to within 400y of one of my honeyhole spots I found last year. That spot was good because you had to crawl on hands and knees almost 50y from where I accessed it, then another 400y crouched walking through privet and yaupon to reach the open drain. While the new lane doesn't lead to the drain, it does get close enough for a bird in the drain to respond to someone taking the easy walk on the road.

Less than 2 weeks to juvie season! I can only take my 13yo daughter, Ethan is now too old at 16 to participate.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210225-085519_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210225-085519_Gallery.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20210225-085525_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210225-085525_Gallery.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 57

Eli103

same here countin down the days until i hit the woods. hoping to get my first solo bird kill. hope this season is gonna be good for you. lookin forward for an update on your first bird this season

gtk

Staff member
I'm looking forward to this year. I will back in MS for a wedding, and plan on going after a gobbler while im there. TUrkey hunting out here sucks.

spoon

Nothing like it in the world. It's getting time for sure. South Florida juvenile hunt is this weekend.
Got couple buddies in south Fl. Been getting daily pictures from them on some birds in the orange groves. Their kids should have a great weekend

deerfever

My son has a juvenile hunt March 13 14 here in TN. I think I am more excited than he is! I can't wait for it to get here with our luck it will be snowing!

Latest posts