Fun getting a turkey a new way

kaizen leader

I got set up before light with my winner Stealth tent blind and two hen, one Jake , and a Tom decoy. I got surrounded by black angus. They came right to the blind. One even stuck his nose in the window. Then they move to my decoys. Bent two on them I've and walked away. Then my brother told me a Tom and three hens were heading my way. I waited and here come three Jakes. I wanted the big beard so I let them go. The big Tom didn't come. I move my stuff and set up closer to where the Tom had been. After about 30 min here he comes with three hens. He was strutting his stuff but wouldn't come close enough for a shot and started strutting away. I had to do something so I lifted the tent blind and stated walking towards him. He kept on doing his thing and let me get close enough for the shot. Bang. One down. 21#, 10" beard, and 1" spur. Not bad
IMG_2487.jpeg

kaizen leader

Wow, that's quick thinking.

Wouldn't happen to have any trail cam pics of that, would you?
No but I wish my brother was in site and videoed it. He would have laughed his ass off. I must have looked like an idiot with a big kite. It felt like it in the wind. Amazing that Tom didn't get spooked. Again, I love that Winner Stealth blind. Everything walks around it like I'm not even there.

Latest posts