Geese from Chatt State Destroyed!!!

Nitro

I hunt waterfowl and resident geese are educated which means most of them don't move around much. They hang around places like chatt state because its safe and there's plenty of grass to eat. The few resident grass eaters that I've taken have literally smelled like fescue when dressing them and tasted like crap. They are not like migrators that feed in agricultural fields. I wouldn't disgrace anyone by feeding them resident geese. They are nasty. BUT it is fun to watch them drop about thirty feet and hit the water like a B-52 after #2's to the head.

Southern Sportsman

I am curious about one thing. If killing geese is a "temporary" solution to overpopulation, what would a long term solution look like?

I don't really see a problem with humanely killing geese that have become overpopulated. They aren't wild geese that we hunt, they were basically just pond birds. Opening a hunting season on campus geese doesn't really seem like an option so what should they do? Spend thousands of tax dollars relocating nuisance birds?

SEC

I wish someone would come and destroy the geese at lake graham. There is goose crap everywhere on the ramp on the dock and now in my truck. Kill em all.

Latest posts