G5 Havoc

turf08

I was looking to try these. Has anyone had any experience with these yet this year? Any info would help thanks.

Super8

I use the G5 Montec 100gr. but it is a fixed blade
G5 has High quality stainless steel products so I would guess the HAVOC is just as good especially with a 2" cutting diameter

turf08

OK. For those of you following this thread�. I do not recommend the G5 Havoc. This afternoon I shot a doe at 15 yards right behind the front leg and what should have been a done deal is not. I hit the deer perfect and DID NOT get a pass through. I watched at my $43.00 arrow flashed away. Ive been shooting many different broad heads this season and so far these are the worst.

cozy23

Ouch! I don't really like the looks of them. I'm sure they work but I personally won't be trying them.

Back Home

turf08 said:
OK. For those of you following this thread�. I do not recommend the G5 Havoc. This afternoon I shot a doe at 15 yards right behind the front leg and what should have been a done deal is not. I hit the deer perfect and DID NOT get a pass through. I watched at my $43.00 arrow flashed away. Ive been shooting many different broad heads this season and so far these are the worst.

I'm a G5 Montec guy too and decided to give these a try. Last weekend, I had a similar experience. My shot wasn't perfect by any means. Hit the front shoulder and not a drop of blood. I'm not sure what kind of penetration I would have had with the Montec, but it definitely would have been better than the Havoc.

Huntaholic

I dont care for them. Buddy of mine shot a good buck with one and Im reasonably convinced that the broadhead didnt open up at all. hes always shot swackers before but decided to give these a try. Needless to say, hes back to swackers now. We lost the buck, had decent blood for 75 yds and it just plain quit. I personally use the innerloc expandables in my crossbow and the only complaint I have is that typically the blades end up getting bent after a pass through. Im still stuck in the stone age with my compound, using 100 gr thunderheads.

Latest posts