Fun hunt

bigtex

Certainly not my largest Buck but was a lot of fun hunting him.
Got into the shooting house 30 min before daylight and bumped a deer just as I got there, darn thing blew for what seemed like forever. Around daylight it started pouring the rain. Thank goodness for a warm and dry shooting house! [sorry MUP] Anywho around 8:30 saw some movement up on the ridge, turned out to be a doe with her twin fawns, I've seen these three numerous times and am always amazed at how cautious the old girl is. They fed in the food plot for 30 min or so and eventually fed out of sight. A little while later 10 hen turkeys decided they would have some clover and wheat for breakfast.
The sky finally lightened up and the rain ceased but the temp dropped considerably.
I was only planning on hunting till noon or so but with the weather taking a change for the better I figured I might as well make it an all day affair. Right at 3:00 I see antlers in a low spot in the food plot, he was a little over a hundred yards away and heading to a scrape I had found the day before. I knew he wasn't a large Buck but my butt was getting sore for sitting for almost 9 hours and I was getting hungry lol. As he stepped into the scrape I let the smoke roll and he dropped at the shot. His rack was broken on one side making him a 7 point.

7 point1.jpg

Cheshire

Certainly not my largest Buck but was a lot of fun hunting him.
Got into the shooting house 30 min before daylight and bumped a deer just as I got there, darn thing blew for what seemed like forever. Around daylight it started pouring the rain. Thank goodness for a warm and dry shooting house! [sorry MUP] Anywho around 8:30 saw some movement up on the ridge, turned out to be a doe with her twin fawns, I've seen these three numerous times and am always amazed at how cautious the old girl is. They fed in the food plot for 30 min or so and eventually fed out of sight. A little while later 10 hen turkeys decided they would have some clover and wheat for breakfast.
The sky finally lightened up and the rain ceased but the temp dropped considerably.
I was only planning on hunting till noon or so but with the weather taking a change for the better I figured I might as well make it an all day affair. Right at 3:00 I see antlers in a low spot in the food plot, he was a little over a hundred yards away and heading to a scrape I had found the day before. I knew he wasn't a large Buck but my butt was getting sore for sitting for almost 9 hours and I was getting hungry lol. As he stepped into the scrape I let the smoke roll and he dropped at the shot. His rack was broken on one side making him a 7 point.

View attachment 155898
Congrats thanks for sharing the story

Latest posts