Fun day, longest shot so far, and hard lessons learned

DeerCamp

How did you know you needed 31 clicks? Was that something you looked up on a ballistics table or something you proved out on the range and practiced?
Oh!
Well, I have a chart saved as my lock screen on my phone out to 1000 yards, in 25 yard increments. It's from the Strelok app, which allows you to make all kinds of custom changes to match the chart to real world performance. So that's what I did. It was spot on out to 400. Drops a little more at 500 than advertised.

But I have 0-500 memorized now. Would only have to reference it for anything beyond 500.

Edit: It also drops more than advertised out past 500. Out in Oklahoma last year I shot at a boulder (trashcan size) at about 770. First shot was low. Called for 81 clicks (153" drop), but had to come up to 85 clicks on the second shot. I pulled it slightly but was still a hit on second try.

Last edited:

fairchaser

Oh!
Well, I have a chart saved as my lock screen on my phone out to 1000 yards, in 25 yard increments. It's from the Strelok app, which allows you to make all kinds of custom changes to match the chart to real world performance. So that's what I did. It was spot on out to 400. Drops a little more at 500 than advertised.

But I have 0-500 memorized now. Would only have to reference it for anything beyond 500.
I use strelock pro as well. It's a wonderful app. Congratulations again! No one gets lucky on a shot like that.

Latest posts