From the West, new to Tennessee

TnHoffa

Hey Everybody,

I'm new to Tennessee, moved my family here in July. I grew up blacktail hunting in Washington state, and recently did some mule deer hunting. Hunted on family land, private timber and on public land. Look forward to being part of this community. This next question might be more for the deer hunt thread, but I have a question about hunting here. I come from primarily stalking and sit-wait type hunting. Stalking where there's lots of brush, and spot and stalk where you can actually see more then 20 yards. I'd sweep through a big section of woods or sit by a logging site, or if I gave up on that sit next to the orchard. I've scouted places like Standing Stone and Bledsoe State Forest, and was wondering how common stalking is on public land. If I get out and sweep through an area, will I bump into a bunch of other hunters and piss people off? Kinda looking for the donts of hunting here as I was to assimilate to the hunting culture here. Thanks in advance, and y'all have a beautiful state (and yes, rural people like myself in Washington state say y'all!)

Specializedjon

Welcome Jay. Glad you joined the fire.

I'm no expert on stalking or spot and stalk hunting. What I will say is, depends on where you're hunting. Some of the higher pressured public areas will have a ton of hunters. I'd be leery of stalking in those areas for a lot of reasons.

You've got some nice bucks in the Lebanon area.

Welcome again. Great group of people on here.

TnHoffa

Welcome Jay. Glad you joined the fire.

I'm no expert on stalking or spot and stalk hunting. What I will say is, depends on where you're hunting. Some of the higher pressured public areas will have a ton of hunters. I'd be leery of stalking in those areas for a lot of reasons.

You've got some nice bucks in the Lebanon area.

Welcome again. Great group of people on here
Thank you - I assume around here its hunting leases and permission gathering. Having a hard time justifying 200k for hunting acreage to the wife haha.

Bgoodman30

Hey Everybody,

I'm new to Tennessee, moved my family here in July. I grew up blacktail hunting in Washington state, and recently did some mule deer hunting. Hunted on family land, private timber and on public land. Look forward to being part of this community. This next question might be more for the deer hunt thread, but I have a question about hunting here. I come from primarily stalking and sit-wait type hunting. Stalking where there's lots of brush, and spot and stalk where you can actually see more then 20 yards. I'd sweep through a big section of woods or sit by a logging site, or if I gave up on that sit next to the orchard. I've scouted places like Standing Stone and Bledsoe State Forest, and was wondering how common stalking is on public land. If I get out and sweep through an area, will I bump into a bunch of other hunters and piss people off? Kinda looking for the donts of hunting here as I was to assimilate to the hunting culture here. Thanks in advance, and y'all have a beautiful state (and yes, rural people like myself in Washington state say y'all!)

Welcome to TN I love Washington State.. Hunting is very different here. I lot more pressure so spot and stalk can work but I wouldn't recommend that on public land around here...

Latest posts