French Pressin'

Deck78

Poser's daily routine got me thinking about the french press. I converted last year and there is no doubt that my cup of french pressed coffee is superior to your drip pot schwag.

I am still dialing in the perfect ratio of grinds to water and wanted to know how others mix it up.

I got this one:

http://amzn.to/ZmUZnO

I typically use 2-3 table spoons to a just over half the press in water and get a pretty rich cup of coffee. I love my coffee really strong and had to recently scale back my consumption because I was going through too much coffee in a month and it was breaking the bank.

Who else is a presser and how you do it?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Deck78

Is there anything better than grinding beans fresh to the press? I think not. I found that a coffee grinder is an essential tool for grinding many of the finer things in life, not just coffee beans....

I have noticed a definite difference between when I have ground the beans coarse instead of fine and agree that is the way to go.

I was going through almost 2# of coffee a month by myself and decided to scale back a couple of months ago. I miss filling the thermos up with a couple of pressed pots and crushing cup after cup through lunch time hour.

That expresso maker looks solid. Do you keep special beans for that pot? I might have to go fetch one of those for the fall season.

Deck78

i like the roaster idea. I found a bunch of good deals on green beans in bulk for roughly $3-6/lb and Im thinking of asking my buddy who roasts cocoa beans to roast me a big batch since he's got the equipment

Latest posts