Freeze to Florida; Richt to Nebraska?

PalsPal

The rumors are flying!

Josh McDaniel's name is also mentioned for the UF job. The Gator fans are underwhelmed at those potential candidates.

farmin68

Florida wouldn't be making a mistake if they were to grab Bo Pelini. Someone will pick him up quick.

Nebraska is a downward move from Georgia (and most other SEC schools). However, if Richt is starting to feel unwelcome at Georgia, he would be wise to move on.

Wrangler95

farmin68 said:
Florida wouldn't be making a mistake if they were to grab Bo Pelini. Someone will pick him up quick.

Nebraska is a downward move from Georgia (and most other SEC schools). However, if Richt is starting to feel unwelcome at Georgia, he would be wise to move on.

I believe Georgia fans are pretty much wanting Richt gone

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I don't want Richt gone. He is not the best x's and o's coach, but he is a class act, and is not scared to discipline or kickoff a player if they are out of line. Most coaches are only about winning, and cover up their players' screw ups.

There are only so many top-notch coaches in the college football ranks, and I don't want to be in the same boat as UT or UF, going through 4-5 coaches over 10 years while trying to find the right one and some continuity. And I also don't want to do that at the expense of integrity.

But, yes, he blew some big calls this year (Tech, USCe), and didn't have his players up and ready for a few as well (UF).

TNReb

I'm willing to bet just about anything that Freeze doesn't leave Ole Miss.

Our Athletic Director has enough sense to give him an extension and raise, and hopefully more money for the assistant coaches.

Freeze likely has a top 15 recruiting class for 2015, and possibly even better for 2016. He's stockpiling talent and would be stupid to walk away from him. He went 9-3 this year with the best defense in the nation and the most talent we've had on offense in several years. That's good enough to get you canned at Florida.

He could probably get an extra half million a year at Florida, but because of what I just said above, I don't think it's enough to make him leave.

I truly believe Freeze is committed to Ole Miss and is "all in", as he would put it.

If he leaves, I'll poop and fall back in it.

Gravey

Georgia is dumb if they let Richt go. Never heard a bad word about him and he seems to be a class act. The fans that want him gone better watch what they wish for. As for Freeze to Florida who knows. As much as it pains me to say Florida is a great job and would be hard for most to say no to. I hope they make a few more bad hires myself. :)

farmin68

Freeze has agreed to a contract extension at Ole Miss. Good to hear. I hope Miss State keeps their head coach too.

There's absolutely no arguing that the SEC West was the strongest conference division in college football in 2014 and it made for some invaluable exposure.

gator-n-buck

PalsPal said:
The rumors are flying!

Josh McDaniel's name is also mentioned for the UF job. The Gator fans are underwhelmed at those potential candidates.

Been reported that Freeze never met with UF or received an offer.... His agent probably leaked it through back channels to get Freeze and him a raise. Happens all the time.... Shocker

Latest posts