Fred Cox strikers

Newt

Couldn't take it anymore Setterman lol! Year after year his tulipwood seems to be your favorite on the Dawkins's aluminum I bought two tulipwood and one dymondwood. Super nice guy to talk with proud to help support his business a little. Something I had no idea about he said tulipwood comes in a pink variation and a yellow variation he's going to send one of each. He seemed to think they sound the same but has customers that swear by the pink/or yellow wood. I know you've had several what's your opinion Setterman or anyone's??

Setterman

I've never heard of the pink, but can vouch for the yellow and love it.

If you're willing to shell out some bucks his snakewood is lights out as well, but I believe the tulipwood Dawkins combo is my all time favorite

Fred is an awesome guy and so genuine and nice it's shocking.

Newt

I heard that!! Fred was off when I called last Friday and got back in the office this morning saw my number and he called me up apologizing he missed my call A+!! We talked about snakewood and at 65.00 that's a whole lot cheaper than my obsession game call snakewood striker by Derick stuckley but it's a killer in the woods and a conversation piece in the off season as well

TN Larry

Midwest turkey call supply has a laminate tulipwood. I wonder what the laminate means or if it's the same. I need to make an order from there and would like to pick one up. I may have to call him to see. His website just says tulipwood.

Newt

Not sure on that TN Larry but if I where you I would call him. He asked if I preferred a thicker stricker or a more skinny one I said the skinner the better... and he said if he didn't have one he thought was slim enough made already, he would just make a new one vs Midwest you can't really customize to your preference

Setterman

Newt":vhdr2pkj said:
I heard that!! Fred was off when I called last Friday and got back in the office this morning saw my number and he called me up apologizing he missed my call A+!! We talked about snakewood and at 65.00 that's a whole lot cheaper than my obsession game call snakewood striker by Derick stuckley but it's a killer in the woods and a conversation piece in the off season as well

That's awesome on the Stuckey striker, I've got two of his and they're beautiful strikers. Never met anyone who had one so that's cool. He's a strange dude though haha

Setterman

TN Larry":2g3thcxt said:
Midwest turkey call supply has a laminate tulipwood. I wonder what the laminate means or if it's the same. I need to make an order from there and would like to pick one up. I may have to call him to see. His website just says tulipwood.

I've got concerns with the laminate versus a pure tulipwood. What other woods are used in the laminate and are the seams tight so you don't lose tone? They may be great but the money is equal so I'd opt for a Fred Cox but that's just me

Newt

Here's my two from obsession snakewood and another tulip

Attachments

• 47A5EA4B-21BC-4F29-8F48-7E2A62AE9911.jpeg
    47A5EA4B-21BC-4F29-8F48-7E2A62AE9911.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 680

TN Larry

Setterman":2emog7rt said:
TN Larry":2emog7rt said:

I've got concerns with the laminate versus a pure tulipwood. What other woods are used in the laminate and are the seams tight so you don't lose tone? They may be great but the money is equal so I'd opt for a Fred Cox but that's just me

The laminate tulipwood is a Fred Cox. I'd like to order from Midwest due to getting some other things however concerned with the laminate.

Latest posts