Strikers

bjohnson

Alright guys, I currently have a slate call I picked up from String Music several years ago and a Hanks Signature Series Glass Call. I run hickory, purple heart, and dymondwood strikers on them. I am looking at adding a copper or brass call, crystal, and a ceramic call to the mix. What is your favorite striker for each surface?

Southern Sportsman

I like purpleheart on just about everything. I also have a laminate hardwood that I like on crystal and a cherry I run on soft slate.

REN

You are gonna get a lot of opinions on this. It's really personal preference and pot design more then surface type.

Personally my favorites for for all of them are tulipwood, snakewood, Osage, and ebony. I like very dense wood types on my pots it's gives me the sound I prefer.

Setterman

First an opinion on the calls. I'd stay away from brass and ceramic, they're usually super loud and don't sound great at a distance. Stick to slate, glass, crystal, and the always favorite aluminum. Just an opinion

On strikers there's a million options. If you can go to the Nwtf show, bring your favorite calls and try as many as you can. Weight, length, etc all go into how it feels in your hand and how well you'll call with it.

Personally I love Fred Cox strikers, they are awesome for my style, hand and needs. I carry two woods, tulipwood and snakewood as they sound from those is what i prefer

Rockhound

bjohnson":60z0drwu said:
Alright guys, I currently have a slate call I picked up from String Music several years ago and a Hanks Signature Series Glass Call. I run hickory, purple heart, and dymondwood strikers on them. I am looking at adding a copper or brass call, crystal, and a ceramic call to the mix. What is your favorite striker for each surface?

PM sent

REN

Rockhound":2lge6sen said:
bjohnson":2lge6sen said:

PM sent

h4ihqzansby11.jpg

Rockhound

REN":2zt2ag1k said:
Rockhound":2zt2ag1k said:
bjohnson":2zt2ag1k said:

PM sent

h4ihqzansby11.jpg

:lol:

Latest posts