Franchi Affinity 3 vs Stoeger M3000

tonybart55

So I'm looking into getting a semi auto shotgun and I want an inertia driven shotgun. I've narrowed it down to the two in the title.

Is the Franchi worth the extra money over the Stoeger? This would be an all purpose shotgun for me: clays, Turkey, coyotes, etc.

Thanks.

REN

So I'm looking into getting a semi auto shotgun and I want an inertia driven shotgun. I've narrowed it down to the two in the title.

Is the Franchi worth the extra money over the Stoeger? This would be an all purpose shotgun for me: clays, Turkey, coyotes, etc.

Thanks.

depends on what you consider "worth"

Franchi has a longer warranty, slightly better stock IMO, and will have a little better machining on it. Both take the same chokes, both use the same action and bolt design.

Franchi is considered an upgraded version of the Stoeger but both will go boom great when you pull the trigger. If the warranty, stock and slightly better quality is worth it to you then id go with the Franchi.

If you want a gun you can beat up and not care if it gets banged up, will still shoot and dont care about a very basic stock then go with the stoeger

tonybart55

depends on what you consider "worth"

Franchi has a longer warranty, slightly better stock IMO, and will have a little better machining on it. Both take the same chokes, both use the same action and bolt design.

Franchi is considered an upgraded version of the Stoeger but both will go boom great when you pull the trigger. If the warranty, stock and slightly better quality is worth it to you then id go with the Franchi.

If you want a gun you can beat up and not care if it gets banged up, will still shoot and dont care about a very basic stock then go with the stoeger
Since they're both owned by Benelli/Beretta, does one have a better customer service than the other if needed or do they use the same customer service?

Reason I'm asking is because the Stoeger is made in turkey and the Franchi is made in the Benelli plant in Italy.

Bluemist

I've waterfowl hunted the past 4-5 years with a 3" Affinity. We hunt over decoys so no need for 3.5" and the extra weight, recoil, and cost. It hasn't given me any issues and I really like how it swings. It also has a 7 yr warranty. I'd go with the Franchi if it were my money. My two cents.

REN

Since they're both owned by Benelli/Beretta, does one have a better customer service than the other if needed or do they use the same customer service?

Reason I'm asking is because the Stoeger is made in turkey and the Franchi is made in the Benelli plant in Italy.

no, they all go back to benelli for repair if needed

Remington700

I would go with the Franchi Affinty 3. I bought one a few years back and love it. I have used it in the dove field, in the duck blind, and turkey hunting. It never misses a beat.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
If I ever replace my Winchester SXP in the next few years, it'll be with an Affinity 3…unless I somehow get quite the windfall and start shopping shotguns like the Browning A5 or the Benelli M2.

My dad bought an Affinity with the cerakote on it, and it's been flawless.

philsanchez76

Good friend got a Franchi for his wife. It blew itself into pieces on the first shot. No one was injured luckily, and Franchi gave him his $ back. Im sure this was a one-off experience, but still no one in our group really wants one now.

REN

Ive owned the M3000, Franchi, M2, SBE2, Ethos and SBE3.

I had zero issues out of all of them and shot a few thousand rounds in each during hunting and clay applications.

I currently only own the M2, SBE2 and Ethos. Those are the ones I liked the best for me, however the Franchi I liked better then the Sbe3 and better then the stoeger. I liked the fit on it better overall, it has/had a thinner forenend which I personally prefer (not sure if they updated that or not, its been a few years now)

Schap

I've have a affinity and prefer shooting m2 or super black eagle. The M2 isn't much more and I feel is a better design.

Lilbuckgetter

I bought new stoeger 3020 turkey 3yrs ago. mossy oak camo, 24" barrel, I absolutely love it! While assembling I noticed small machining oopsie where barrel slides into receiver. Took pics, emailed stoegers customer service@6pm, @7pm(1HR LATER!!)I had shipping return label(was told return in off season) ive yet to send backLOL id expected multiple chokes like stoegers come with,, only received EF turkey factory choke. Recently installed scope rail/ red dot scope. Front sight is made to barrel, rear sight removed off action leaves a big gaping hole so I reinstalled rear sight. That's only flaws I've found

Last edited:

Lilbuckgetter

I bought new stoeger 3020 turkey 2yrs ago. mossy oak camo, 24" barrel, I absolutely love it! While assembling I noticed small machining oopsie where barrel slides into receiver. Took pics, emailed stoegers customer service@6pm, @7pm(1HR LATER!!)I had shipping return label(was told return in off season) ive yet to send backLOL id expected multiple chokes like stoegers come with,, only received EF turkey factory choke. Recently installed scope rail/ red dot scope. Front sight is made to barrel, rear sight removed off action leaves a big gaping hole so I reinstalled rear sight. That's only flaws I've found

Latest posts