fox question

Dirt Dobber

Actually seen 2 red fox this mornin for the first time in the woods. They were 60-70yds away running up and down a downed tree. Always wanted a fox, especially with a bow. After watching them for almost ten minutes, googled the regs, and luckily I'm in Wilson county, where they're legal year round. My question is what are the odds to seeing them again? Moved my stand within 30yds of that down tree. Owner has seen fox for years, but I've been huntin there for 4 and this was my first sighting. Shot coyotes before, but don't know too much about fox. So what do y'all think the odds of seeing them again? Appreciate any info/advice.

XCR-2

Something I learned this past August. Had a trail cam out over a mineral site, kept getting a fox almost every night on the exact same travel route, he used the same log. That being said, they may be patternable. I've killed a couple while deer hunting just by pure luck. This year I've started carrying a small squeaker call in my pack while I deer hunt. Haven't tried it yet, mainly for boredom but if I get the urge I have it in my pack. Good luck!

Dirt Dobber

I appreciate the reply. Went back Saturday mornin and they didn't make an appearance. Haven't been back since, but I'm not giving up hope. Might just have to get me a squeaker just in case. Can't hurt. I'm on a mission!!! Thanks again

DaveB

My BIl uses a squeaker for fox. He says they will locate you pretty quick so do not overdo it. He also said they don't seem to care about upwind downwind.