Fox and bobcat in 1 morning

LLB

On Sunday, Feb 21, I got a fox and a bobcat 2 hrs apart in the pasture behind my house. My 1st fox and 2nd bobcat. My 1st bobcat was over 15 yrs ago with a 30-06 while deer hunting. Couldn't keep the pelt then but both of these went to the taxidermist for a soft pelt and I want the skulls bleached. Probably will never take a fox or bobcat again, they really don't bother me like coyotes do. But I always wanted the pelts from one of each, always thought they looked good after seeing some at my taxidermist. Both taken with a .22 mag, fox 1st at about 40 yards. Bobcat at 50 yards.

IMG_20210221_083322460.jpg

backyardtndeer

That's cool. My wife wanted a cat mounted, I killed one during deer season back in 09 and had it mounted. Think a fox would also make a sweet mount, grey's sure are pretty, but we don't see too many fox around here lately.

Dunno if I would shoot another cat or not. Guess fox would also depend, getting very few pics of them on cams.

LLB

Not calling, they were prowling around in a pasture behind the house. They were easy to spot with all the snow on the ground.

Latest posts