Fourtrax trx 300 wont start. What else am i missing?

Planking

When i push the ignition switch the green light on the dash goes dim. No clicking sound when button is pushed just a dimming of the dash light. Battery is charged and is pretty new. Battery ground wire is good and fuses are good. The starter is about 6 months old and i replaced the solenoid at the same time. Atv starts when the solenoid is crossed.

ImThere

Neutral safety switch? If it has one. Something not letting 12v get to solenoid. I would check 12v at solenoid, simple check with multimeter, have someone turn key, have multimeter on dc, Red lead on solenoid wire black lead on battery ground. If you have 12 v your solenoid is out if you don't follow wire back to switch (prints/ schematics)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trealtree

Try jumping it with your car battery and vehicle turned on. I know you said your battery is good, but its worth a try. When I cant get mine to electric start I just kick start it. I love that feature.

Planking

Thanks for the replies. You guys are awesome! I tested the red lead on the solenoid with the black lead on the battery. It read 0 so i guess that means the newish solenoid is good like ImThere said. I tested it on the black wire side of solenoid and it read 12. As advised I then moved on to the neutral safety switch. I checked the wire harness of the neutral safety switch and they are all good. All light up with a tester so i have power to that point. I then read i could bypass the neutral safety switch by grounding the neutral safety harness. I did that and it still wont start. No happy endings yet but i will keep trying next chance i get. Thanks again.

280longshot

Planking":b1hbagaq said:
Thanks for the replies. You guys are awesome! I tested the red lead on the solenoid with the black lead on the battery. It read 0 so i guess that means the newish solenoid is good like ImThere said. I tested it on the black wire side of solenoid and it read 12. As advised I then moved on to the neutral safety switch. I checked the wire harness of the neutral safety switch and they are all good. All light up with a tester so i have power to that point. I then read i could bypass the neutral safety switch by grounding the neutral safety harness. I did that and it still wont start. No happy endings yet but i will keep trying next chance i get. Thanks again.
My Kawasaki had a relay under the seat that caused similar issues.
I don't have a fourtrax but I would check for a relay somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TN RDG RNR

Use a voltage meter and put the black lead on battery NEG and red lead directly on hot wire top of the starter. Push the start button. If the meter reads 12+ volts you have a bad starter.

280longshot

If I read his topic correctly, he isn't getting control voltage to the starter solenoid. Problem is on the control side of the solenoid..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Planking

I worked on it again today with no luck. Im taking it to the shop in the morning. Thanks for the help!

Latest posts