Football Hunter or MossyHorns300 or anyone...

monsterbuck07

What in the he!! do you guys use to catch fish on the river? I have a runabout and do not have a depth finder...what are some things I should look for while fishing the TN River? What lures are good? I have went the last two days and have 0...yes 0...had some hits with flukes but thats it...i really want to get into river fishing but this is not clicking. Thanks

monsterbuck07

Bass....largemouth-smallmouth....I can wear them out in the creek and ponds...but the river, I cant get anything going

STRATOS285

Try a Baby brush hog or a grub along bluffs and points maybe that will help ya some not sure how it work on the TN river but should Good luck Fishing

Football Hunter

I fish on lakes for smallmouth,dont fish rivers,except for the occasional trip to the Cumberland,which is really Old Hickory.For smallmouth Im using grubs and swim baits,you just have to find out what works for you.

On smallmouth ,I rarely if ever catch em real shallow like green fish,but I dont fish for em shallow either.Im gonna run the pattern Im on as long as it holds up,then will have to s l o w down,fish deeper.

mathews338

fish steeper banks with wood on them. find a tree that has fallen or brush pile. i always use brush hogs but almost anything will work. it's about time to use buzzbaits or spooks.

kdxdude

Any kind of wood in the water, trees, stumps & docks. Use a 3/16 shakyhead. Pinch about a half inch off a zoom trick worm, rig worm on shakyhead, pitch it around any kind of wood cover & fish it S L O W. Watch you line to just take off, when you see line moving, set the hook. I guarantee you'll catch fish on the shakyhead. Oh yeah, use a green pumpkin or watermelonseed color trick worm on the shakyhead. Good Luck & God Bless!!

Latest posts