Fishing Line

jdyer

Need some suggestions please. Looking for a multi-purpose 8lb line. Something small enough for crappie/blue gill and strong enough for nice river smallmouth and to pull the occasional snag loose....do not want to break the bank.

Kimberman

Seaguar InvisX. Its not cheap, but its all I use anymore. Its Flourocarbon, so it doesnt stretch as much as mono, so remember to set your drag a little softer. The stuff is strong, casts well, and has low memory.

AllOutdoors

Yo-Zuri Hybrid. Great line for the money. BPS has the 600 yard spools for around 12 bucks. I use 6lb. 12lb. and 15lb. It is a nylon line that is coated in Fluorocarbon. It is strong with good knot strength and almost as dense as Fluoro. The 8lb. test will actually break around 12lbs.

wdsnipes

P-LINE CX PREMIUM 8 POUND!!
It is smaller diameter than all other brands of 6 lb test! and prob. breaks somewhere in the 15 lb range(just a guess but use clippers). It is fluorocarbon coated so it is basically invisible under water. I use it for FNF at Dale Hollow as well as trolling for big walleye, even as leader on my fly rod. At BPS 300yd spool($7-8) and the best deal is the 1000yd spool for around $15. NEVER had any problems with the stuff. Made in Japan so you know quality is good.

Ripley Whitetail

P-Line is the only way to go. A good tip on it is to tie the line around a small tree or anything and then walk across your yard with spool until designated amount is reached to put on reel. Cut line from spool. Walk back to where it is tied and put line in between thumb and forefinger squeezing lightly. Then walk to end of cut line running line through those two fingers. This line is so small in diameter that this helps get all twists out of line before going on reel.

Latest posts