Fish you would like to catch this year

gasman

Tripletail. Look like a 8lb crappie and taste even better.

Once I get the boat operational, I'm gonna go after them on the slick calm days in the MS sound mid to late summer.

I've hung a couple, but was using very light tackle to fool them to get the bite, so they wrapped me up on the crab bouy lines they were by.

There's something special about sight fishing, and since I don't have a boat to sight fish cobra, I think tripletail will almost satisfy that desire.
Tripletail are awesome!

CATCHDAWG

I've never fished Parksville lake and that is my next adventure. I've seen pictures of some big yellow perch from it and a guy at work caught the state record Spotted bass there several years ago. That would be my fish this year...a big spotted bass.
Dang Crow, you should be ashamed living just up the road and never fished Parksville! Lol. Shoot me a p.m. before you go and I can help you with the perch.

Crappieaddict

The way the last couple of years have gone, I just hope to do some fishing! A Muskie would be cool, but with my lack of patience, and it being the fish of 10,000 casts……I'll need a stand in to do the first 9,995!

Big Pop

I'd like to regularly catch my limit of walleye on Norris like we used to do 20 years ago. But I'm willing to settle for a good flathead year….

rsimms

Any billfish! Marlin or sailfish, doesn't matter. I've only been on two or three trips where billfish were a possibility. Either had no hookups or in one case what was likely a big marlin broke me off (when the first mate over-tightened a drag :( ). So no billfish for me, so far. I'm heading to Florida the first week of February to try again. Wish me luck!

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
Dad and I are fishing the Big Bass Bash at Lake of the Ozarks. I am just hoping to go have a good time fishing with the old man. Love to catch a big bass and win some money, but Dad and I will have fun chasing bass in mid april no matter what.

Latest posts