Fish you would like to catch this year

Sako

I was thinking about this and I have caught a lot of different types of fish over the years and love to fish to the point I built a house on Melton Hill... I was thinking if there was one thing I wanted to accomplish this year for fishing, what would it be...

I want to catch a big Muskie... Which I should be able to do if I go after them as they are here in Melton Hill... just something I have not done yet..

What is your goal this year for fishing?

Crow Terminator

I've never fished Parksville lake and that is my next adventure. I've seen pictures of some big yellow perch from it and a guy at work caught the state record Spotted bass there several years ago. That would be my fish this year...a big spotted bass.

bluball

I was thinking about this and I have caught a lot of different types of fish over the years and love to fish to the point I built a house on Melton Hill... I was thinking if there was one thing I wanted to accomplish this year for fishing, what would it be...

I want to catch a big Muskie... Which I should be able to do if I go after them as they are here in Melton Hill... just something I have not done yet..

I just want to accomplish some time to go fishing.I usually fish alot and 12 months a yr,but have been working to much and not getting to fish much as much as i would like too.

Buzzard Breath

I'd like to get better at catching bluegills with a fly rod. It was never an issue when I lived in East TN. I'm beginning to think these Middle TN bream are defective and don't like poppers.

To go along with this, I'd also like to get better at fishing Williamsport Lakes and Laurel Hill Lake.

WTM

I'd like to get better at catching bluegills with a fly rod. It was never an issue when I lived in East TN. I'm beginning to think these Middle TN bream are defective and don't like poppers.

To go along with this, I'd also like to get better at fishing Williamsport Lakes and Laurel Hill Lake.

have you tried a midge pattern dropper. a zebra in red in the early spring season works pretty well.

Buzzard Breath

have you tried a midge pattern dropper. a zebra in red in the early spring season works pretty well.
I'm going to have to give that a try. My go-to dropper has always been a Pat's Rubber Leg, but I usually end up catching more bass and catfish on it than bream. I've got a whole box of midges from my Clinch River fishing days.

WTM

I'm going to have to give that a try. My go-to dropper has always been a Pat's Rubber Leg, but I usually end up catching more bass and catfish on it than bream. I've got a whole box of midges from my Clinch River fishing days.

usually good up to around april then the black caddis start hatching and theyll start slurping those. i dont live too awefully far from williamsport so i would guess the same type of flies and hatch dates should be pretty close.

Speedwell-Hunter

Make sure to do a figure 8 with your pole in water near boat after the retrieval for muskie

Many strikes happen during that process

megalomaniac

Tripletail. Look like a 8lb crappie and taste even better.

Once I get the boat operational, I'm gonna go after them on the slick calm days in the MS sound mid to late summer.

I've hung a couple, but was using very light tackle to fool them to get the bite, so they wrapped me up on the crab bouy lines they were by.

There's something special about sight fishing, and since I don't have a boat to sight fish cobra, I think tripletail will almost satisfy that desire.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Tripletail. Look like a 8lb crappie and taste even better.

Once I get the boat operational, I'm gonna go after them on the slick calm days in the MS sound mid to late summer.

I've hung a couple, but was using very light tackle to fool them to get the bite, so they wrapped me up on the crab bouy lines they were by.

There's something special about sight fishing, and since I don't have a boat to sight fish cobra, I think tripletail will almost satisfy that desire.
Sounds awesome!

Latest posts