first season review of a Parker Tornado

Columbia Scott

Well, my first season of x-bow hunting has long since ended. Last year I bought a new Parker Tornado crossbow from an authorized Ebay retailer (Pine Mountain Archery). I bought a package deal that included a dozen Carbon Express Surge bolts, three Montec 125 gr. broadheads, a rope cocker, three arrow quiver and a Parker (Hawke SR) Red Hot scope with illuminated reticle. I paid $799.00 for the package and shipping was free. I later bought a Bone Collector crossbow broadhead target and a Flambeau Stingray Case.
I did my homework and decided to buy this particular bow because I wanted a compact and fast crossbow. The Tornado has a small axle to axle measurement and launches bolts at 340 FPS. As far as I could tell, Parker was the only manufacturer that had a lifetime warranty. This bow is solidly built and reliable. I shot it countless times over last summer sighting it in and practicing. It held up well and remained perfectly accurate.
I haven't killed a deer with it yet, but for what it's worth I can give my recommendation. I look forward to archery season!