First post on gardening forum..turning into my Dad

wetdogsmell

I've been lurking around this site since back in the fall. I look at the general and serious and trail cam forums almost daily. But once I saw there was a garden forum, I decided I had to speak up. So my first post is going on the garden forum.

The Garden Forum, I said.

That's when I realized, I'm more like the Old Man every year. The only part of the newscast I care for is the weather. I really can entertain myself with the weather channel and weather.com for hours. I look through seed catalogs more than I look at one from Cabela's or Mack's or anything like that. I go out on the porch to watch it rain. I mow my grass every week whether it needs it or not. I actually wash my lawn mower. I will waste a perfectlly good Saturday cutting firewood since I never know how cold next winter will be. And I am truly looking forward to getting started on my garden.

I don't think I'm nearly old enough to be excited about planting a garden, but I think it probably sneaks up on you before you know it. Either way, I guess this is as good a place to kick off any involvement in another hunting website as any. I'm pretty sure there won't be any way for anyone to blame TWRA for success or failure of their garden. No one will constantly politic the garden forum for why you should only have two rows of corn rather than three. And I doubt that anyone will look down on anyone else for picking their squash a bit small.

Sorry I got long winded for a gardening post. Was just wasting some time and felt compelled to post finally. I hope your gardens are weed free and you turn into your parents as you grow.