Fire Proof Gun Safe

Cuttin Caller

Staff member
Are they really worth having?
Don't know much about these things but was talking the other day about them to someone. They were telling me that they choose not to get one because fire proof only lasted 30 mins.

Maybe I can learn something here.

Cuttin Caller

Staff member
I want one too but I want to be sure it going to protect. Or should I say I want to be sure its worth the money paying out for the ones that are fire proof or just buying the regular ones.
So how long does a fire last and hot much heat does a fire put out?
How long will the fire proof ones protect your firearms in case of a fire?

volsgo1

I just got a Patriot 40 made by Canon Safes from the Co-Op a few weeks back. It is a 36 gun safe with a thirty minute 1200 degree rating. It has an electronic lock and is 60Hx40Wx24D.

I have one side set up for guns the other side configured with the shelving for ammo, important papers, and stuff. I got the pistol rack on the door.

I did a lot of research and discovered you can pay as much as you want for a safe. I finally settled on this one because it was 899.00 had most of the features I wanted, a decent fireproof rating and didnt break the bank. Safe weighs 600lbs empty

Cannon has the best warranty in the business as well!!!

Gravey

Foggy54 said:
If you have heirloom guns that insurance can't replace, this is one more step that could protect them from fire or theft as well as other valuables. A lot more protection then putting them in a closet. I have it on my want list....
And that right there is the primary reason I bought mine. Those are priceless so the money on the safe is more than worth it in my opinion. Mine's rated to 1400 for 30 minutes.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
The normal house fire won't last much longer than 30 minutes anyway so yes, I say they are worth it.
Place it (bolted down) on an exterior wall and the heat won't get as bad on it either.
A friend of mine has a Browning and it is a bad dude that's for sure.
I need one but just haven't messed with it yet.

volsgo1 said:
I just got a Patriot 40 made by Canon Safes from the Co-Op a few weeks back. It is a 36 gun safe with a thirty minute 1200 degree rating. It has an electronic lock and is 60Hx40Wx24D.

I have one side set up for guns the other side configured with the shelving for ammo, important papers, and stuff. I got the pistol rack on the door.

I did a lot of research and discovered you can pay as much as you want for a safe. I finally settled on this one because it was 899.00 had most of the features I wanted, a decent fireproof rating and didnt break the bank. Safe weighs 600lbs empty

Cannon has the best warranty in the business as well!!!

I got the same safe a few weeks ago, and the price is right!! It has plenty of room. I am 100 percent happy with it!

HuntingDicksonDTC

R.I.P.
Just bought a new one a few months back its a Champion believe its rated 1250 degress for 1 hour. piece of mind for me. Have a couple of my grandfathers guns & they are not replaceable.

Hawk

HuntingDicksonDTC said:
Just bought a new one a few months back its a Champion believe its rated 1250 degress for 1 hour. piece of mind for me. Have a couple of my grandfathers guns & they are not replaceable.

What size and where did you buy it. How much $?
Thanks

Latest posts