FINALLY!! Turkey season almost here!!

PO Cedar

Who else has been plagued with bowhunting withdrawals? I'm ready for turkey season to get here. The turkey bow is standing by--ready to take to the woods. The redbuds and forsythias are starting to bud out(if we don't have any late killing frosts)-- we are on the road to recovery after last year's crappy situation. Now to find a retarded tom turkey that will stand still long enough for me to get drawn on it.Yep, the woods will be coming alive,trees budding,may apple sprouting,dogwoods blooming---I'm ready for Spring turkey season!!

DSC00054.jpg

PO Cedar

Here is a pic of the little gal. She's been waiting patiently since last turkey season to be used and abused. The smell of the Spring woods combined with my cedar arrows--does it get any better? I don't see how it could!

Heritagebackupbow.jpg

PO Cedar

PSE got into the "trad" bow business back in the early '90s. They wisely went for quality those first few years and hired a master bowyer to make their "Heritage" line of trad bows. Owen Jeffery of "Jeffery Archery" in South Carolina made these bows. They are a copy of the Jeffery "Royal Hunter" and the limbs will interchange. The grayish-black finish with black glass limbs influenced the name "Raven" for the recurve line. Jeffery also made the first production Dan Quillion "Patriot"takedown recurve bows but beefed up the limb tips that year and introduced "fast-flite" strings to that recurve.- Now,sorry you asked? LOL- I wanted a backup bow to take out West in case my custom recurve developed problems. So I bought this one in 1990 and added an extra set of limbs. It is 60#@28 inches and 62" long.

camocowboy

P.O., really missed you at the banquet. You were a founding member and played and important role. Hope you get back active with us. Nobody won the turkey award. Same fellow won both the longbow and recurve deer. I think you could be a competitor....

PO Cedar

camocowboy, glad the banquet was a success. I'm realizing more and more I'm just a loner--seems to work out best for everyone. I always knew I was a strange bird,learning more about myself everyday. No, I like being in the woods better than mingling with folks--I'm glad everyone got to meet Topsy Newcome up there,he is one class fellow--and has put his heart and soul into traditional archery in the state all his adult life. He made an elk backquiver from the 5x5 he shot with his recurve and presented it to the young winner of a trad tournament at Lost Arrow years ago. That kid's eyes beamed and his chest popped out the rest of the day.Good Luck!!!

PO Cedar

camocowboy, glad the banquet was a success. I'm realizing more and more I'm just a loner--seems to work out best for everyone. No, I like being in the woods better than mingling with folks--HEY-I'm glad everyone got to meet Topsy Newcome up there,he is one class fellow--and has put his heart and soul into traditional archery in the state all his adult life. He made an elk backquiver from the 5x5 he shot with his recurve and presented it to the young winner of a trad tournament at Lost Arrow years ago. That kid's eyes beamed and his chest popped out the rest of the day. He wouldn't take the back quiver off until they started home.Good Luck!!!

PO Cedar

OK, last weekend to get everything ready for those "big birds"--I'm headed up to LBL and then back to the cabin-my food plots are up and running I hope-between the snow and rains in Humphreys County since I planted,combined with the sunny days-the turkeys should be on the plots regular. I'm taking some salt down for the deer on the opening weekend. Let the music begin!!See ya later!!

PO Cedar

Chad,I hope the weather is cooperating there. Been hearing reports of severe weather in Texas,Arkansas particularly. I'm keeping my head down here in Franklin today(tornado warnings) and then heading for LBL tomorrow for the 14 day non-quota season that opens Monday. Good luck on the Rios!

Latest posts