FINAL PRICE REDUCTION 20 Acres. Hardeman county

Bone Collector

Everybody says it's coming down but not here. Auctioned 167 acres at the end of my road a couple weeks ago went for over 4.8 mil. There's one tract that didn't have a price when this pic was taken of the board.
View attachment 177311
Man there are a pile of dumb people in this state now... who in the H*&L buys 5-7 acres for for $200-$250K dollars??? This is how you sell land. You get those out of state yuppies that think they are living the country life by buying 5-7 acres of land and they think $250K is cheap because where they came from 1 acre costs that much. I see the one tract that was 23 acres and that fetched $449K. that is still near $20K/acre.

Gravey

Man there are a pile of dumb people in this state now... who in the H*&L buys 5-7 acres for for $200-$250K dollars??? This is how you sell land. You get those out of state yuppies that think they are living the country life by buying 5-7 acres of land and they think $250K is cheap because where they came from 1 acre costs that much. I see the one tract that was 23 acres and that fetched $449K. that is still near $20K/acre.
If you'll notice that same buyer bought the last tract listed which was 11.64 acres for $267,720 so he spent $716,880 for a little over 35 acres and there was a 10% buyers premium on top of that. The rest of that story is he's my neighbor behind me and that land borders his parents across the street from him. I talked to him and that 24 acre tract has 2 or 3 5-bedroom perk sites already. Said he got a little overzealous and bid on it but doesn't really want or need it. Will probably cut the driveway in to get back there as it sits behind some others and then sell it off in 3 tracts. I walked it the other day while trying to scurry up a turkey and it's pretty land with good soil. People pay good money to be my neighbor! 😇😂

Antler Daddy

Nice secluded 20 acre cut over wooded tract near Hornsby in Hardeman county ,Tn., off hwy 64. Has a legal easement. Has a 2 acre open spot in middle which would make a great food plot. Great spot for a camper or cabin. Has electric running down east side. Be a great small hunting tract .lots deer, turkey 40,000. Call 731 803 0094. Look in tn property data. Map. 094. Parcel 010.05. Tks. FINAL PRICE DROP 34,000
Was it clear cut to ground, or select cut? Did you cut it?

tickweed

Was it clear cut to ground, or select cut? Did you cut it?
Select. It has two recorded easements up the side of two houses, a 30 ft wide easement, then crosses another tract. Good gravel, then dirt road. Had a member interested. Kept asking for plat. Map of easement. This easement was an old rd . It goes past three other properties. I tried to explain it clearly states on all of these other deeds that they all share the same 30 ft wide rd, this tract being in the very back. Surrounded by beautiful timber on 3 sides. I havent seen a stand anywhere. I have honestly bought quite a few tracts. My partner is a very successful attorney . We would never buy anything without title work, defined easement. We also would not try to sell anything to anyone that looked shady. Some people just think they know the ins and outside of land deals, and deeds, but really dont. Its paid for. We DONT Have to sell it. But then you have a guy requesting plats, easements, and l kept telling him l had deeds with info, he got really pissed. We have bought tracts, got new easements, had them surveyed, had the easement done with calls, recorded. This easement has been in place for years. For the price, it's a heck of a deal. My daughter who l mainly bought it for was going to attend college here at home, but got a full ride to UT Knox., so she's leaving in Aug. That's the only reason l was trying to give someone a good deal. I will just take proceeds and put towards finishing another project. Sorry to vent, but this really aggravated me.thank you kimber45 for the nice comments. Alot of you guys know me. But for guys like this fella, Hire a lawler if you are that worried about it. Get title work checked if you dont believe me. I'm done with my rant. Sorry

Last edited:

Antler Daddy

Well, guess l will keep it. Gonna take a dozer in, fix plot up , rd. Then, it will bring lots more. Tks guys
Make food plot bigger, cut some shooting lanes, add a manufactured tower blind and i bet it will bring 60k. Perfect place for anyone in Memphis to purchase.

Offer two day hunts out of the blind....evening and then morning/evening with a 1 buck and 3 doe limit. Get $350 a hunt.

If I was anywhere within 90 minutes of the place, I would have already bought it. I think anyone can rent those cabins at https://www.bigbuckresort.com/cabins and it looks like they did away with the hunting club.

Latest posts