Few Questions for the Group

Andy S.

Putting this in general forum for widest exposure in hopes of getting variety of opinions. I plan to deer hunt a few new places this season and wanted to solicit some information before it was too late. I want to be prepared if I were to need a processor at dark thirty.

1. What deer processor would you recommend for Milan/Humboldt/Three Way area?

2. What deer processor would you recommend for Camden/Holladay/Parsons area?

Bonus: If you are aware of any hunting clubs or leases (squirrel/deer/turkey) near Camden/Holladay/Parsons area that may have an opening, keep me in mind. I live and work in SW TN, which is 2+ hours away, so getting to the area for an extended amount of time will be my biggest challenge with my current schedule.

Any feedback you can provide will be very much appreciated. If open forum is not your cup of tea, shoot me a PM. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
I use McCormic's Processing in Parsons. I'm happy with them. He has filled up before by the end of the day on opening-day-gun-season; he may not be able to take deer for a week or so after opening of gun season.

rem270

I use McCormic's Processing in Parsons. I'm happy with them. He has filled up before by the end of the day on opening-day-gun-season; he may not be able to take deer for a week or so after opening of gun season.
When I hunted in Parsons 10 or so years ago I used McCormick's Processing and don't remember having any complaints.
I seen Cody post they will be open during bow through juvi season and that's it for them. They can't find help and the way it sounded they'd be shut down for good after that.

tellico4x4

The guys next door to me at Rochelle Farms had 3-4 openings a couple of weeks ago. 6500 acres & 25 members max. Basically same management program as ours. @muddyboots and @ML_Hunter are members there. 2-1/2 hrs from you though.
PM if interested & I'll send you contact info to the guys that run it which are friends of mine.

Spurhunter

I seen Cody post they will be open during bow through juvi season and that's it for them. They can't find help and the way it sounded they'd be shut down for good after that.
Gasman and I were talking the other day about deer processing being a great business opportunity for someone. There just isn't much competition anymore.

Madbowh

Do not go to adams, tried 2 times and what a joke. I told him do not freeze my meat he said why(doesn't matter anyway my deer) but mainly I left backstrap whole and he froze it. They trim nothing and use band saws. I like to portion everything myself, and I will only process myself anymore. So far every processor I've tried will let me hang for$20a day then I do it myself

Madbowh

Gasman and I were talking the other day about deer processing being a great business opportunity for someone. There just isn't much competition anymore.
I hea this a lot and can't see it, it takes me a solid 6-8hrs to fully process and what they make per deer I make in 1hr at work. That's trimmed nicely and portioned 1-2lb packages even if it was 3hrs and$90 per deer I wwouldn't think it's worth it. Just my thoughts

Andy S.

Nachos Tres Hunting Club isn't far, 44,000 acres....... 😁
I've been doing some map study and talking with some guys who are in the know more so than I. Seems like a solid place with acreage galore, but a few of them have been belly aching about the timber cutting. I have no experience, so no idea of the magnitude of that.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
I've been doing some map study and talking with some guys who are in the know more so than I. Seems like a solid place with acreage galore, but a few of them have been belly aching about the timber cutting. I have no experience, so no idea of the magnitude of that.
There used to be a website that indicates where timber cutting is scheduled in Natchez Trace; it's probably still out there but I haven't looked. I was caught off guard once when I went to check out one of my favorite locations and it was being cut. I always had several places scouted out in case they were occupied or being cut.

JRC1

I live in Humboldt and have been using Three Way deer processing for several years now. They do a very good job. I use to process my own because I didn't like the way most processors packaged their meat. Three Way processing meets my standards.

Latest posts