ferral hog huntin'

bowhunter 51

Been wanting to hook-up with someone around the
Tennessee River to do some ferral hog...Used to
have some here in Lauderdale Co. but ain't no
more..Never got a chance to harvest one...Wanting
to try my hand in cooking/curing and such...love
to eat...Want to experience huntin' 'em...BH51...

4onaside

Good luck, man, but I live mucho closer to the Tennessee River than you, and have not heard of any feral hogs betwix me and the river. I read that they are pretty wide-spread all over the country, and I know of some in Middle Tenn south of Nashville. But I can't point you to any between the two big rivers.

jarhead7481

A bunch of guys at work are going to Big South Fork in January.
Look in the hunting guide on page 30 they have a map of Hog disbursement.
We found some sign last year at LBL but it was way north and in Kentucky...

bowhunter 51

Page 30..Yep, I see'm...Looks like McNairy and Hardin counties
near the Mississippi state line, for me...I see a plan in it's
early stages of development........................BH51.......

richardc

they say there are alot in big south for on the ky, and tenn. line, I am trying to plan ahunt for jan. 08, you can check with the big south fork office and they can put you in the right direction. You can also use atv's on multi use trails if you are hog and or deer hunting. I have been told to check out around bandy creek. Good luck.

cecil30-30

richardc said:
they say there are alot in big south for on the ky, and tenn. line, I am trying to plan ahunt for jan. 08, you can check with the big south fork office and they can put you in the right direction. You can also use atv's on multi use trails if you are hog and or deer hunting. I have been told to check out around bandy creek. Good luck.
I have camped the bandy creek area all my life riding horses around there.The place is ate up with sign but as for seeing the hogs,NEVER!!I have never seen one and i have been all over their trail at all times of the day and night(moonlight riding).I have seen hog sign that was still smokin(j/k) but no hog.I have been up there several times during deer and during there special season for hogs without success.They are very hard to locate because they never stay in the same spot,they are always moving.Good luck.

Latest posts