Feeding Deer

Greg .

What HAVEN'T we completely "buggered up" in nature because we presumed we knew better? Fields, clover, weeds, forbs, and oak trees occur naturally and in great numbers. Troughs and timed feeders don't.

wcsd462

Went out this morning to put out some trace mineral, on the way back I found a dead fawn on the side of the road at the edge of one of my food plots,the thing wasn't much bigger than a house cat.

wcsd462

Question.....since I am rethinking the way I do things as far as feeding,I know this is going to be another subject that has been covered over and over but I wont to know what ya'll think. Minerals...? I know the way I was taught was to dig a hole put it in the ground, but the way I've done it for years is pour it out on a big flat rock, this seems to work just as well and their is no big hole to hold stagnant water.

deerchaser007

I like the stump,.. my deer also seem to also.

PIC0004.jpg

wcsd462

Yea I know the stump thing works, my question was more to the type of mineral to use. I have always used trace. What is the best?

BSK

Trace works fine. Salt blocks from the Coop work fine. Personally, I like Trophy Rocks because they last longer.

Latest posts