National Deer Association (NDA)

BSK

Anyone a member? They are the old QDMA that joined forces with the NDA. I would love to know what their membership numbers are. I have a sneaking suspicion it is nowhere near what the QDMA was at its peak. I really get the impression it's a dying organization, but I could be wrong.

BSK

I lost interest in the QDMA when they became Safari Club. Everything became about trophy bucks. When leaders in the organization started talking about how no buck should be killed until he's 5 1/2, they lost me. How many bucks would be killed if everyone had to wait until a buck is 5 1/2? Very few. Not because they don't exist, but because they are so hard to see/kill. I think I can count on one hand how many 5 1/2+ year-old bucks we've killed off my place in 37 years. Limiting buck harvests to 5 1/2+ year-olds would NOT be a pleasurable hunting experience for most hunters.

utvolsfan77

I was a member of QDMA for many years, but I let my membership expire shortly after it merged with and became the NDA. Like most such organizations, I think it became detached from and lost touch with its membership base in a similar manner as the old North American Hunting Club. It got to the point that the majority of material I received from them were always trying to market something to me.

Last edited:

Buzzard Breath

This popped up on my suggested feed the other day.

DoubleRidge

This popped up on my suggested feed the other day.

Interesting read...thanks for sharing.

XCR-2

I lost interest in the QDMA when they became Safari Club. Everything became about trophy bucks. When leaders in the organization started talking about how no buck should be killed until he's 5 1/2, they lost me. How many bucks would be killed if everyone had to wait until a buck is 5 1/2? Very few. Not because they don't exist, but because they are so hard to see/kill. I think I can count on one hand how many 5 1/2+ year-old bucks we've killed off my place in 37 years. Limiting buck harvests to 5 1/2+ year-olds would NOT be a pleasurable hunting experience for most hunters.
Agree! Those guys more than likely have never hunted Tennessee which in my opinion is one of the hardest states to kill an old mature whitetail. There here, but smart and have a ton of advantages due to terrain and thermals. We basically have a rain forest half the year then a desolate area of rocks and wood. East Tennessee anyway. Those guys are used to Midwest states where I'm not by any means saying it's easy……but it's easier

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
Yes I've been a life member for many years. They've changed their membership program last month. There is a free membership, you get emails and chance to win some prizes. the general membership is 49. the life time is 1500 but if you buy that, you get a rifle for it. They are ending the magazine after the next issue. I'm not happy about that, but I understand the cost is a lot to produce.

Not sure on the numbers, I've not seen them in years. I will email Nick and find out.

Latest posts