Federal Premium 165 Nosler Accubond in 30.06?

SilverFox

Since the ammo shortage, I've had to buy some ammo I've never used before. All I could find were the above ammo. I usually do a heart/lung shot with 150 Core-Lokt bullets. I have a few left but if I run out of them what should I look for with the AccuBond ammo? Seems I would need to change up to some kind of shoulder shot or something hard so it doesn't blow right on out the other side or am I overthinking this? I wouldn't think these would get nearly the expansion on a heart/lung shot that the PSP would? Thanks

TNRifleman

Aim where you did before and send it. I have shot more than a couple of deer double lung with a 165 gr accubond from a 30-06 and have never had one go more than 10 paces. I shot a doe through the heart with one two years ago and she ran 80 yards before she fell.

TNRifleman

This was 135 yards, quartering to, slightly elevated. In one side and out the other. She fell where she was shot.
11-19-16 Doe 2.jpg
11-19-16 Doe 3.jpg

DaveB

Yep, no kidding, a great combination.

I have personally killed deer from 12 measured steps out to around 135 with Nosler 150 Accubonds. None escape the dehydrator.

Latest posts