Fall Turkey

jlmustain

This past spring was my first turkey season, making this fall my first fall turkey season. I'm trying to read up as much as I can, but I'd love some advice from y'all about how you hunt turkeys in the fall.

Thanks!

catman529

Find areas with fresh turkey scratch, and either sit there and wait them out or check fields. If you check fields and see a flock, use the woods as cover to sneak up or ambush the flock. When you are in range, pick em out and shoot until they all fly away be careful not to go over the county bag limit.

catman529

jlmustain said:
Right on!!! I assume you'll be out there bringing some home. Ha!

Will they be where they were in the spring?
spring is a lot different, when they are scattered up for breeding. Fall they are in big flocks so the turkeys are farther between but more in numbers when you find them. Just need to find some woods that are ate up with fresh scratch, and usually the birds will be in that area every day for a while, but depends on food I guess so they could shift around too.

G_Man

This will be my first fall turkey hunt as well... Looking forward to it too!! Guessing it will be a learning experience just like every other season is haha

LanceS4803

stik said:
I don't target turkeys specifically in the fall but I love the idea of arrowing one if given the opportunity.

Same here.
Seems they like to stay just out of bow range, but sometimes, they walk right under!

Redfred16

My first real turkey season also. In WI you had to get drawn for a tag and it was tough.

I am hoping to see a tom and stick him while waiting for deer to walk by. I already have a spot for a fan mount, I'll tell the wife where that is once I get one :)

Latest posts