Food Plots Fall plots……

redblood

Looking for small fall plot options. We have 15 acres of corn, so im looking for a small field attractant. Ive used wheat, cereal and oats. Is there something better. Probably 6 to 7 acres total in .5 to 2 acre fields

megalomaniac

I have planted brassicas with wheat and it seems that the wheat snuff out the brassicas
gotta plant the brassicas early (like end of Aug) for them to really jump by Nov.
in a perfect world, I'd plant just the brassicas 3rd week of Aug, then come back and drill in the wheat/rye/ etc and clover end of Sept. But that's too much work, so I just plant everything right before a rain end of Aug/ 1st of Sept, and am prepared to come back in and drill wheat in mid Oct if there is no rain at all in Sept and it failed.

redblood

gotta plant the brassicas early (like end of Aug) for them to really jump by Nov.
in a perfect world, I'd plant just the brassicas 3rd week of Aug, then come back and drill in the wheat/rye/ etc and clover end of Sept. But that's too much work, so I just plant everything right before a rain end of Aug/ 1st of Sept, and am prepared to come back in and drill wheat in mid Oct if there is no rain at all in Sept and it failed.
Sounds like good advice. I am in the market for a no-till drill. I usually broadcast everything

Rollo

Any winter green (wheat, rye, etc.) along with turnips and the clover of your choice has always worked for me without fail. Just sew and mow along with a little triple 13. The wheat I planted last August is now knee to waist high and I plan on mowing that down when it dries more. Sometimes it comes back but I always sew a few hundred pounds anyways.

Latest posts