Exciting hunt today!

Harold Money jr

Well I got the monkey off my back today. I went to my family farm and called from a few locations my last set up was special. I found a recently dead cow and several yote tracks lead away from it into a pine thicket that has a powerline through it. I set up with the sun at my back and the wind at my face. I covered the thicket by watching through open hardwoods. I reasoned the yotes would not be in the mood for a dying rabbit cottontail or jack rabbit. I tried ole faithful coyote pup in distress. I had called for about 10mins when a dog came into the woods running through the snow. He was beautiful looking just like a gray wolf. He was going to my right to get behind me when the pleading became more than he could bear. He turned and ran straight for the speaker which brought him 12 FEET from the end of my barrel I instinctively shot as he ran by. When the little .22 long rifle bullet hit him he barked and bit his side growling all the time. He ran toward the thicket from where he came and at the 20 yard mark his hind quarters started to fail by 30yds he was finished. I was back on him with the gun when he stopped then I sat down and savered the adrenaline dump.

Harold Money jr

tp524, Yeah man that first one will get in your blood. I called it in 15 years ago with a fawn in distress call in August. I shot that female with a Browning buckmark pistol at 20 yds. It lit a fire that hasn't faded yet.

Harold Money jr

Pcoyote.jpg

The first coyote of 2011 for me. The one from the story.

Latest posts