Eurasian Collarded Doves

4onaside

Has anybody ever killed any of these on a dove hunt? I saw a flock of maybe 30 birds in Collierville(in the city) last week, and I have seen them in other Shelby County urban settings before(Germantown and Raleigh). Curious to know if any of them have ever ventured onto the hunting fields.

Quailman

Yes, we killed several collared doves on a hunt in Coffee County about 5 years ago, and I get reports of people shooting them every year. There is no limit on collared doves either.

Crosshairy

The real question, then, is...can you easily tell the difference between them in flight?

what about pigeons? are those fair game too? we should get a pigeon hunt going with some air rifles in downtown memphis :p

Kimberman

I killed a couple in Sweetwater a couple years ago. They are about midway in size between a dove and a pigeon. Their meat is darker than a doves and a litlle more purple colored.

4onaside

The Alabama gulf coast is laced with them now(Orange Beach), and on a recent trip West, I stopped in a village in Western Kansas, and they were everywhere, so apparently they are widespread and numerous.