Doves

Displaced_Vol

Y'all got any doves down there in TN?
Our opener is usually a barn burner but definitely not this year. Some folks shot a few but I never even went out in the field. We'll try again this weekend but prospects don't look too hot.
Just curious how it's been for everyone else and where the birds might be?

PalsPal

Our bird numbers were down Tuesday. We got some shooting but nothing like it usually is.

My dad and I went to another place late this afternoon and got 13 between us.

Going back to the field we hunted the opener in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Displaced_Vol

10-4 thanks for the feedback guys. Don't know that we'll do any better tomorrow but it'll be a good time regardless.
Gotta have years like this every once in a while to appreciate the good ones I reckon.

shelbydeer

We hit our limit but took all afternoon, birds were decent however past few years have been much better. This year birds were all very small. We going back this afternoon. We only hunted opening day.

Remington700

We went Tuesday and again today. Neither field had many birds. Nothing is better than a good dove hunt and nothing worse than a bad one. We are trying another field in the morning.

PalsPal

shelbydeer":2c0gfssr said:
This year birds were all very small. .

This was our experience as well.

Dad and I managed 14 between us Saturday morning, which wasn't too bad considering we were the only ones hunting a big field.

We might try one more time Monday morning. Not sure yet.

I know one thing. With my dad about to turn 79 in November, and his having a close call with Covid in April, I'm just thankful that he recovered to the point of being able to go. We've dove hunted every year, except one when my grandmother was sick, since i was probably 12 (55 now).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Displaced_Vol

Outlook is looking a little better for this afternoon. I can't help but think we've had some new ones come in the last couple days. Still not a bunch but we'll see how it goes.
Good deal on you & your pops Palspal- we got the kiddo out for a couple hours on Tuesday so he is 2 for 2 on making the dove opener. Hope that one goes for a while.

PalsPal

Displaced_Vol":338r5b9e said:
Outlook is looking a little better for this afternoon. I can't help but think we've had some new ones come in the last couple days. Still not a bunch but we'll see how it goes.
Good deal on you & your pops Palspal- we got the kiddo out for a couple hours on Tuesday so he is 2 for 2 on making the dove opener. Hope that one goes for a while.

Keep it going.

I don't rememker a lot from my childhood, but I do remember him getting me out of school in 6th grade to go.

Yes, I'm hoping for a migration influx as well. Good luck!

Displaced_Vol

Haha yeah he may have to miss an afternoon of school here in a couple years if it comes down to it.

Happy to say I think we have some new birds in the area. Ended up with a heck of a fun shoot yesterday. Reckon everybody got their limits. We all quit around 5 and they were still coming in and feeding so maybe we'll get another crack at em

Latest posts