Enfield .303

CamohunterAGAIN

I have an old Enfield that my dad had.Mk4 No.1 I think is the correct identifiers. He wasn't a deer hunter but picked it up somewhere to try out the sport when I was a kid. It is in less than pristine condition. The stock looks like a sport stock ...not what would have been on this particular model.
Anyway, I don't have anything to do with this gun ,but I was thinking about buying one of the synthetic replacement stocks that they make and mounting a scope on it... then maybe a paint job... Is it worth my time...cause if I put that into it I should use it... are they a good deer rifle...

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
I have a 303 with the Enfield action. There are alot of them out there ammo should not be a problem.It is a very powerfull and accurite round. It was used by snipers during the war.It has alot of recoil and will put a hurting on you if you shoot alot.
It will work for deer and bigger game if you want to go thru the time and trouble to fix it up.

JimFromTN

As long as the barrel is good, it will do the job. The ballistics are somewhere between a 308 and a 30/06.

You might want to see what you can sell it for before you sporterize it. Depending on the model, serial number, and condition, you may be able to sell it, add the price of the synthetic stock you were going to buy for it and buy the rifle you want. Some Mk4 No.1's are going for $350 or more on gunbroker. I think there is a gun show coming up. Might be worth taking and seeing what you can get for it.

Latest posts