Ended A Drought.

philsanchez76

congrats man! What an amazing deer! He bedded 4 times?! how many yards did he make it till you found him? Did you give him a bunch of time or track and bump him? I need more details man!

Tennessee Lead

congrats man! What an amazing deer! He bedded 4 times?! how many yards did he make it till you found him? Did you give him a bunch of time or track and bump him? I need more details man!
Yes,I clipped the back of a lung and his stomach. I could tell by the way he ran off he wasn't hit ideally. The blood trail confirmed that. I gave him 20 minutes and climbed down and began to track. After finding the first bed I continued on hoping to catch up with a finishing shot.
I jumped him from the 2nd bed. I held up there a brief while and continued on.
Finding his 3rd and eventually 4th and final bed with him expired in it.
His stomach had plugged the exit hole hindering the blood trail.
There was many times I had to look for disturbed leaves to find more his path and eventually more blood.

philsanchez76

Yes,I clipped the back of a lung and his stomach. I could tell by the way he ran off he wasn't hit ideally. The blood trail confirmed that. I gave him 20 minutes and climbed down and began to track. After finding the first bed I continued on hoping to catch up with a finishing shot.
I jumped him from the 2nd bed. I held up there a brief while and continued on.
Finding his 3rd and eventually 4th and final bed with him expired in it.
His stomach had plugged the exit hole hindering the blood trail.
There was many times I had to look for disturbed leaves to find more his path and eventually more blood.
oh wow. Thats some good tracking! Great job on the recovery. And again great deer!

Latest posts