Element Optics

hillbillyfab

Anyone have any input on the Element brand of scopes? I've got a rifle needing some glass and was told to look at their line of glass. Would like to hear any and all opinions if you have them.

DaveTN

Interesting new company. I never heard of them so I just did a little research.

It appears they have 3 product lines. The Helix is in the Vortex price range, the Titan and the Nexus are in the Leupold/Night Force price range. I assume someone will do a comparison of those.

Someone else makes their scopes (that's not unusual) but I don't see where it says who that is.

From their videos, they seem to be focused on reticle design. That's not a big deal to me, but to some it is. I'm a little leery when I see scopes focused on air gun or rimfire, but they say they are good for centerfire.

The Element HELIX 4-16×44 FFP at $450 looks interesting. Maybe we will see some comparisons soon?

hillbillyfab

Interesting new company. I never heard of them so I just did a little research.

It appears they have 3 product lines. The Helix is in the Vortex price range, the Titan and the Nexus are in the Leupold/Night Force price range. I assume someone will do a comparison of those.

Someone else makes their scopes (that's not unusual) but I don't see where it says who that is.

From their videos, they seem to be focused on reticle design. That's not a big deal to me, but to some it is. I'm a little leery when I see scopes focused on air gun or rimfire, but they say they are good for centerfire.

The Element HELIX 4-16×44 FFP at $450 looks interesting. Maybe we will see some comparisons soon?

The Helix was recommended to me for a new build that I'm shopping for. I had never seen their name mentioned before either.

GMB54

I would like to see how that HELIX 4-16x44 stacks up against a Midas TAC 4-16x44 because the Midas TAC is now almost $600.
Magnification 4-16
Objective Lens Diameter 44 mm
Reticle APRS3 FFP IR MIL, Glass Etched non-illuminated
Surface Finish Matte
Lens Coating Wide Band Fully Multicoated
Extra Coating Xtra Protective Coating
Tube Material Aircraft Grade Aluminium
Tube Diameter 30 mm
Exit Pupil 11.1-1.8 mm
Eye Relief 3.7"
Field of View @100 yards 27.7-7 ft
Click Value 0.1 mil
Adjustment range per rotation 10 mil
Total Elevation Adjustment 30 mil
Total Windage Adjustment 15 mil
Turret Style Zero Stop Elevation&Capped Windage
Parallax Adjustment Side Focus – 10 yards to infinity
Purging Material Argon
Length 14.6 "
Weight 23. 8 oz

Aside from being Chinese made i love the specs on that Athlon and that the windage is capped but elevation is not. Plus its not terribly heavy. Its almost hard to find a bad review on it. At nearly 6 bills though there are other scopes such as a Veracity i would feel better about buying. Natchez often has sales on the Veracity FFP blems for around $450. I know a couple guys that bought them and the only blem was a dented box.

Last edited:

GMB54

Problem is....neither of them Loopies are FFP and the Freedom isnt even HD glass. The price jump is rather large if you want all that in a Loopie or pretty much any other non Chinese made scope. Even the least expensive Sightron SIIIs are gunna be $850 and up.

You are pretty much over a grand for anything with those features unless its made in China.

Last edited:

Huckfin

Leupold has always been a reliable clear scope, even the low and mid-range scopes. To me there is no reason spending a fortune on scopes or guns if your mainly just hunting whitetail, bear and other game in Tennessee or other similar terrain not requiring specialized long range shooting. Maybe I'm old school but my Winchester Model 70 with a Leupold scope is more than adequate to get the job done. Keep it simple and go with what has a proven track record for decades.
Also Leupolds are made in the USA and that means something to me.

GMB54

I tend to avoid Chinese made optics but there are literally tons of excellent Japanese made scopes i would put against any Loopie of a similar price. What they offer today aint like the old VXIIIs in build quality but the glass might be better on some. It surely is not on the Freedom line of scopes.

I shoot mostly harder kicking muzzle loaders and there are so many better scopes for my application. I love the weight and eye relief you get from many Loopies but the newer scopes just dont track as well or tolerate the abuse as well. I would have to move upto a VX5HD to get what i want in a Loopie and that is $850-1000 or more. My Razor HD LH cost less than half that much on clearance and optically its just as nice as the VX5HD. Its just as tough or tougher. Other than the nicer turrets it compares extremely well but you wont ever see the VX5HD 2-10x42 on sale for $500.

Latest posts