Effective range ?

southernhunter

Most of us probably have at some point shot compounds , I was just curious to hear the difference in your effective range compound vs traditional . I know some guys can shoot a compound bow accurately 50 yards and beyound, I have never been one of those guys. When switching to trad gear I was worried because I was going to lose all those yards that could cost me a trophy buck but I have been pleasantly surprised it's not near as bad as I once thought it would be. I never set my compound up to take shots further than 30yards. Which always seemed to be about as far as I could shoot due to brush etc . Anyways. I feel confident in my trad gear up to 20 yards, I guess the point being if someone's out there tossing the idea of trad vs compound but worried about the big disadvantage you will be faced with.like I was, It's not always as bad as they make it sound!

eddie c

I kept my compound shots limit to 30 under. but every shot I took was less than 20. i'm comfortable with my LB to 20 and now working it out to 25, wanting 30 since I'm heading to CO next month. all my LB shots have been under 20, most between 10-15.

Latest posts