East Tennessee hunters

Setterman

Zero, used to hear them all over the place. About 5 years ago they basically vanished. In the last few years we've just about stopped hunting them as it's a waste of time. Really sad

Union Co. Boy

Not in a very long time. They say there are some on the mountains up Powell Valley between Claiborne and Campbell county.

Iglow

I wonder how low the population density can go before they become extinct in the state? If they are so widely scattered how do they get together to breed? Could it be that they are in certain small areas with empty vacant areas in between? Like when you find 1 you've found all of them that are around then you could walk for miles till you found another group? That can't be good for genetics.

Bone Collector

I'm not in East TN but I have not seen and grouse, quail or anything in a few years. I did have a covey of about 20 quail on my personal property 5 years ago or so. Saw them 2x then never again. Don't know what happened to them. I did not hunt them. I saw 2 woodcocks or snipes on the WMA about a week ago. They had long beaks, so I figure it was one or the other. They let me get right on top of them and flushed. Scared me pretty good.

Latest posts