Early signing day(s)

Grandslam11

That was a good pickup. Wayne was too, just hoping he is good to go without needing surgery. I'll get excited when we land our Big Men on the line. Not a bad start to early signing for JP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbhunter

Grandslam11":1sqsy35x said:
That was a good pickup. Wayne was too, just hoping he is good to go without needing surgery. I'll get excited when we land our Big Men on the line. Not a bad start to early signing for JP

completely agree, we need to beef up on the lines

TreyB

UF needed oline and LBS.... Got that and will get more in Feb.

BamaProud

I read that 85-90 percent of the players who are going to fill next years freshman classes committed to the school of their choice yesterday. The "early signing period" has quickly become the primary signing period.

The SEC took the first 4 spots in the Composite rankings. Three from the SEC West. The SEC also took 11 of the top 25 classes.

gator-n-buck

cbhunter":3lsappm6 said:
Tn got 4 star RB Eric Gray

Been watching this one closely. He seems to be a beast. This should put us back ahead of the gayturs for now [emoji38]

Good stuff but we haven't figured in Steele who has signed with UF but is keeping it under wraps until the all-star game. So technically UF led yesterday and actually they still led today.... :poke:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181220-215352_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181220-215352_Samsung Internet.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,486

scn

gator-n-buck":3gezngcm said:
cbhunter":3gezngcm said:

Been watching this one closely. He seems to be a beast. This should put us back ahead of the gayturs for now [emoji38]

Good stuff but we haven't figured in Steele who has signed with UF but is keeping it under wraps until the all-star game. So technically UF led yesterday and actually they still led today.... :poke:

That may be true unless Crouch and Wright have also signed with TN and are keeping it under wraps until the all-star game.

gator-n-buck

scn":29nuziqq said:
gator-n-buck":29nuziqq said:
cbhunter":29nuziqq said:

That may be true unless Crouch and Wright have also signed with TN and are keeping it under wraps until the all-star game.

Looks like the flipped the 4 stars and 3 stars and UF has a higher star avg.... I will take it.... :poke:

I did notice that you are going against Bama and Clemson for Crouch and Wright?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181220-220056_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181220-220056_Samsung Internet.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,501

scn

The word today is Michigan for Crouch.

TN has a shot at both of them. It won't surprise me if they don't get either due to who they are going against.

I'm pretty pleased with the Vols class. I've watched enough recruiting stuff over the years to know that the "big uglies" on the offensive and defensive lines often don't have the high stars like the skill position players. IMO, a 3 star oline guy probably has as good a chance of being a good player as a 4 star skill position player. As we saw all year, the Vols had to upgrade the lines on both sides of the ball. They exceeded my expectations on the oline, and, I think, have added some dline prospects that will play for them before they leave.

I really don't care where they end up in the rankings. I think they addressed some needs and the future looks a little brighter after today.

gator-n-buck

scn":3thj31ow said:
The word today is Michigan for Crouch.

TN has a shot at both of them. It won't surprise me if they don't get either due to who they are going against.

I'm pretty pleased with the Vols class. I've watched enough recruiting stuff over the years to know that the "big uglies" on the offensive and defensive lines often don't have the high stars like the skill position players. IMO, a 3 star oline guy probably has as good a chance of being a good player as a 4 star skill position player. As we saw all year, the Vols had to upgrade the lines on both sides of the ball. They exceeded my expectations on the oline, and, I think, have added some dline prospects that will play for them before they leave.

I really don't care where they end up in the rankings. I think they addressed some needs and the future looks a little brighter after today.

Yep... Mullen has signed 11 OL in the last two cycles so far.

buckaroo

Pretty good sign Tennessee recruiting as good or better than gators considering, talent in each of the states, Vols record, no bowl, no OC. Latest on crystal ball has Crouch to Vols

PalsPal

gator-n-buck":7b3ba6zv said:
cbhunter":7b3ba6zv said:

giphy.gif

PillsburyDoughboy

ALABAMA had a so so pick up :)

2019 Alabama Football Signing Class
The first four new Alabama football players have already enrolled and taken part in practices. The enrollment actually makes any Signing Day activity unnecessary.

All player ratings are sourced from the 247Sports Composite.

No. 23 – Evan Neal; 5-Star, No. 5 OT and No. 20 player overall

No. 22 – Jeffery (Scooby) Carter; 4-Star, No. 11 CB and No. 91 player overall

No. 21 – Trey Sanders; 5-Star, Running Back, No. 1 RB and No. 5 player overall

No. 20 – Amari Kight; 4-Star, Offensive tackle, No. 8 rated OT and the No. 52 player overall

No. 19 – Shane Lee; 4-Star, No. 5 rated ILB and the No. 70 player overall

No. 18 – Darrian Dalcourt; 4-Star, Offensive Guard, No. 18 OG

No. 17 – DeMarcco Hellams; 4-Star, Safety, No. 7 S, and No. 94 player overall

No. 16 – Justin Eboigbe; 4-Star, SDE, No. 5 SDE and No. 75 overall

No. 15 – Taulia Tagovailoa; 4-Star, No. 5 Pro-style QB and No. 110 player overall

No. 14 – Jahleel Billingsley; 4-Star, Tight End, No. 10 tight end overall

No. 13 – King Mwikuta; 4-Star, Outside Linebacker, No. 9 rated OLB and No. 160 player overall

No. 12 – Tanner Bowles; 4-Star, Offensive line, No. 17 OT and No. 287 player overall

No. 11 – Will Reichard; 3-Star Kicker, No. 1 kicker in the nation

No. 10 – Braylen Ingraham; 4-Star, Defensive End, No. 14 SDE in the nation

No. 9 – Christian Harris; 4-Star, ILB, No. 9 ILB in the nation

No. 8 – Kevin Harris; 4-Star, Weakside defensive end, , No. 5 rated WDE and No. 113 player overall

No. 7 – Jordan Battle; 4-Star, Safety, No. 6 Safety and No. 77 player overall

No. 6 – Brandon Turnage; 4-Star CB, No. 12 CB and No. 99 overall player in the nation

No. 5 – Antonio Alfano; 5-Star SDE, No. 3 SDE and No. 28 player overall; Colonia, NJ

No. 4 – D.J. Dale; 4-Star DT, No. 15 DT; Pinson, AL

No. 3 – John Metchie; 4-Star WR, No. 278 overall player in the class; Hightstown, NJ

No. 2 – Paul Tyson; 4-Star QB, No. 8 Pro-Style QB; Trussville, AL

No. 1 – Pierce Quick; 4-Star OT, No. 35 overall player in the class; Trussville, AL

Alabama Football Verbal Commits not signing in Early Period
Daxton Hill – S, 5-Star, No. 1 Safety and No. 8 player overall –Updated; Hill flipped to Michigan.

Christian Williams – Cornerback; 4-Star, No. 13 Cornerback and No. 115 overall

Byron Young – Defensive End, 4-Star, No. 6 SDE and No. 88 overall.

Keilan Robinson – Running back, 4-Star, No. 20 RB and No. 363 player overall.

TreyB

PillsburyDoughboy":3fp0pyjk said:
ALABAMA had a so so pick up :)

2019 Alabama Football Signing Class
The first four new Alabama football players have already enrolled and taken part in practices. The enrollment actually makes any Signing Day activity unnecessary.

All player ratings are sourced from the 247Sports Composite.

No. 23 – Evan Neal; 5-Star, No. 5 OT and No. 20 player overall

No. 22 – Jeffery (Scooby) Carter; 4-Star, No. 11 CB and No. 91 player overall

No. 21 – Trey Sanders; 5-Star, Running Back, No. 1 RB and No. 5 player overall

No. 20 – Amari Kight; 4-Star, Offensive tackle, No. 8 rated OT and the No. 52 player overall

No. 19 – Shane Lee; 4-Star, No. 5 rated ILB and the No. 70 player overall

No. 18 – Darrian Dalcourt; 4-Star, Offensive Guard, No. 18 OG

No. 17 – DeMarcco Hellams; 4-Star, Safety, No. 7 S, and No. 94 player overall

No. 16 – Justin Eboigbe; 4-Star, SDE, No. 5 SDE and No. 75 overall

No. 15 – Taulia Tagovailoa; 4-Star, No. 5 Pro-style QB and No. 110 player overall

No. 14 – Jahleel Billingsley; 4-Star, Tight End, No. 10 tight end overall

No. 13 – King Mwikuta; 4-Star, Outside Linebacker, No. 9 rated OLB and No. 160 player overall

No. 12 – Tanner Bowles; 4-Star, Offensive line, No. 17 OT and No. 287 player overall

No. 11 – Will Reichard; 3-Star Kicker, No. 1 kicker in the nation

No. 10 – Braylen Ingraham; 4-Star, Defensive End, No. 14 SDE in the nation

No. 9 – Christian Harris; 4-Star, ILB, No. 9 ILB in the nation

No. 8 – Kevin Harris; 4-Star, Weakside defensive end, , No. 5 rated WDE and No. 113 player overall

No. 7 – Jordan Battle; 4-Star, Safety, No. 6 Safety and No. 77 player overall

No. 6 – Brandon Turnage; 4-Star CB, No. 12 CB and No. 99 overall player in the nation

No. 5 – Antonio Alfano; 5-Star SDE, No. 3 SDE and No. 28 player overall; Colonia, NJ

No. 4 – D.J. Dale; 4-Star DT, No. 15 DT; Pinson, AL

No. 3 – John Metchie; 4-Star WR, No. 278 overall player in the class; Hightstown, NJ

No. 2 – Paul Tyson; 4-Star QB, No. 8 Pro-Style QB; Trussville, AL

No. 1 – Pierce Quick; 4-Star OT, No. 35 overall player in the class; Trussville, AL

Alabama Football Verbal Commits not signing in Early Period
Daxton Hill – S, 5-Star, No. 1 Safety and No. 8 player overall –Updated; Hill flipped to Michigan.

Christian Williams – Cornerback; 4-Star, No. 13 Cornerback and No. 115 overall

Byron Young – Defensive End, 4-Star, No. 6 SDE and No. 88 overall.

Keilan Robinson – Running back, 4-Star, No. 20 RB and No. 363 player overall.

Why does he even recruit a kicker? Just put a rb or backup qb in to kick FGs, they would do just as good. :rotf:

But they really don't have a need for one 99% of the time :tu:

wayne

Tennessee gets a d-tackle transfer from Michigan. 5* Aubrey Solomon.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Grandslam11

wayne":362t2z5i said:
Tennessee gets a d-tackle transfer from Michigan. 5* Aubrey Solomon.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I wish he were eligible for 2019. It's hard for me to get super exited with a kid transferring coming off an injury. The AL center Brandon Kennedy keeps jumping out at me. None the less, I'll take him. I'll take a once 5* on the line SURE I will

Latest posts