Duck river refuge.

WTM

usually fish it when it opens in spring when the water is high. havent in the last couple of years.

if you like a ton of stump and cypress tree fishing its pretty good. have seen at least one bass boat rip thru there and lose a lower unit lol.

redblood

usually fish it when it opens in spring when the water is high. havent in the last couple of years.

if you like a ton of stump and cypress tree fishing its pretty good. have seen at least one bass boat rip thru there and lose a lower unit lol.
Yeah i plan to let the ulterra do the heavy lifting

WTM

id probably call the office too and see how much water is in the pools. they usually pump it out some over the summer and i dont know when they start filling again.

bluball

BuckWild

Beech river watershed backwater is a good one also if it has water.It doesn't close like the rest,not sure how much water it has at the
What is the tie yard
The tie yards are the bodies of water on the east side of the TN River I-40 bridge. Get off at exit 126 and take the gravel looking road toward the river and it will take you there.

WTM

if it was crappie i was after i head to the refuge in big sandy/springville. thats where @bluball catches a lot of his fish. and its basically the big sandy river so the level is the same as ky lake. thousands of brush piles to fish. the water level at the pump house is coming back up too. saw some guys in the backwater slaying them a couple of days ago.

JRC1

if it was crappie i was after i head to the refuge in big sandy/springville. thats where @bluball catches a lot of his fish. and its basically the big sandy river so the level is the same as ky lake. thousands of brush piles to fish. the water level at the pump house is coming back up too. saw some guys in the backwater slaying them a couple of days ago.
By "backwater" are you referring to West Sandy WMA that they flood for duck hunting?

WTM

By "backwater" are you referring to West Sandy WMA that they flood for duck hunting?
yes part of it and the part that crosses 69 in big sandy. but if you catch any out of it bleed and ice them unless you like real fishy tasting crappie. my ex brother in law ruined my wife on crappie. he and his dad caught 1500 slabs out of there one summer and the majority of them tasted real fishy. i suppose its the tannic water.

Latest posts