duck hunting

redleg87

Quick question. Below the wier dam on holston.. is it a legal duck hunting area? I can't find map online.. any help is appreciated!

bigquacks

You have got to be below the drive over bridge and on the "north" side of the bridge. You can not drive over the bridge and hunt that side of the river. The area behind Emmett school is all huntable TVA property. Just watch out for the fly fishermen, most of them have no respect at all for you hunting and will walk through your decoys to fish. Been there and done that. Good luck

catman529

bigquacks said:
You have got to be below the drive over bridge and on the "north" side of the bridge. You can not drive over the bridge and hunt that side of the river. The area behind Emmett school is all huntable TVA property. Just watch out for the fly fishermen, most of them have no respect at all for you hunting and will walk through your decoys to fish. Been there and done that. Good luck
if they did that I would call the law for hunter harassment

scn

catman529 said:
bigquacks said:

That wouldn't meet the criteria for hunter harrassment. It falls under user group conflicts on public waters.

catman529

scn said:
catman529 said:
bigquacks said:

That wouldn't meet the criteria for hunter harrassment. It falls under user group conflicts on public waters.
that's interesting, didn't think of it that way

bigquacks

I also thought of it as a group conflict. I am sure the ones fishing thought that too, because it took a real long time to get my decoys in and I really muddied up the water real bad. But back to the OP question, it is a very busy place to try to hunt with the trout spawning now. good luck though. I did catch a slam(brook, brown, and rainbow) last weekend there.

Latest posts