Duck Gun

scn

1963 Belgium Browning A5. Like me, it has some miles on it and not much bluing left. I bought it in the early 70s and it came with two barrels. I put a Polychoke on one that worked really well when you could shoot real duck shells. The longer barrel was a fixed full choke for geese.

I did break down and get one of the newer Browning barrels that used the interchangeable chokes when the steel shot mess came out.

It has been hauled a lot of miles to various duck/goose holes in the US and Canada. I realize there are likely better guns out there now, but it knows me pretty good.

jwb

Hunted a sbe2 last 2 seasons switched to a berretta a400 this year. The beretta is a little heavier but so far so good. Youngin (9year old) shoots a micro Midas bps 20. Would like to give a new maxus2 a try.

JagwalCrush

1963 Belgium Browning A5. Like me, it has some miles on it and not much bluing left. I bought it in the early 70s and it came with two barrels. I put a Polychoke on one that worked really well when you could shoot real duck shells. The longer barrel was a fixed full choke for geese.

I did break down and get one of the newer Browning barrels that used the interchangeable chokes when the steel shot mess came out.

It has been hauled a lot of miles to various duck/goose holes in the US and Canada. I realize there are likely better guns out there now, but it knows me pretty good.
I've got three of these. Put them away several years ago when l started with SBE. Have tons of memories with them. Have two 28" mod. barrels and a 30" full. That 30" full with the old lead BB's was my favorite on geese.

Taylor

Beretta semi-autos take an incredible amount of abuse. Short barrels are typically not favored in a blind. Ring ears and more apt to fall over. All mine are 28". Entry level outlander may be one of the best buys on the market. I have several 870s as standbys but never shoot them anymore. Recoil on gas gun is less.

tacoma2002

2-Step Enabled
I've shot a lot of guns through the years in search of a "better" version and to stay up with what's new, but I keep falling back on my old Auto-5 and Browning Gold... The truth is...it's what fits you...what you can hit with...and what's reliable.

You really can't go wrong with any of the well-known 'brand' guns. Find one you like and hang with it.

My top thus far are
1 - Browning Gold (recoil weighs largely here)
2 - Browning Auto-5...yes, your grandpa's A5...
3 - Beretta A400/A300...both fit...no longer own either :)

Latest posts