Dry feeding

CritterGitter

Me and my dad were part of a duck massacre when i was still in high school early 2000s arkabutla lake was froze over. We were hunting a dry cut corn field hiding in a ditch. Decoys laying in the dirt . Used the truck headlights to put the decoys out. I'll never forget that ! We smashed them good . We Killed pintails , widgeons , and a black duck on top of the mallards. Good times

Cache

2-Step Enabled
Killed them in a dry bean field today in Arkansas. First time I've ever done it. Went over with hopes we would be flooded out by the nearby river and instead had a field full of ducks and geese waiting on us. Had to shove the keels down into the snow so the decoys would stand up straight.

gasman

I was quail hunting back in the early 90s. Noticed a field that bordered the property I was hunting, was full of ducks. Acquired permission to hunt it, came back that afternoon with steel shot and killed a few. It was fun, but we didn't really know what we were doing at the time as neither of us had never been duck hunting at the time.

Westnvol89

4C076DB3-6A6D-476D-81CE-F38E873023AA.jpeg

Ducks in my field in Arkansas today

Bgoodman30

I've seen a large flock of wood ducks fly off a pond and onto a dry bean field during a snow storm while I was deer hunting. They definitely do it but conditions have to be just right…. The field I have seen them on in the past they have not been on this year. I guess because of the snow and ice. Surprised by that.

Latest posts