Dry Opener

Dodge Man

I think the biggest issue if it stays dry is that the duck will not have a place to rest that people are not hunting them. I will bet most people see or kill almost zero ducks the second day of the season. Opening day will have hunting pressure on most places with water. In doing so give the ducks no place to sit and rest and most ducks will leave the area.

4scout

Opening day will have hunting pressure on most places with water. In doing so give the ducks no place to sit and rest and most ducks will leave the area.
That's what I'm wondering too. At least the ducks will have a 5 day break before the next opener. I'm just glad duck season is finally here.

GUNNERX2

I'm a little selfish in that I could use a bunch of rain. Our place depends on rainfall, we don't have a flow of water just a natural lake. Right now our floater is sitting on the bottom of the lake. We've got huntable water but the lake level needs to come up a foot and a half for optimal conditions.

Bgoodman30

Lot of folks going to be pumping water back into the ground.. I can't believe how many dry holes I have seen that they haven't even attempted to pump..

Latest posts