Drunk Chicken

What is the best way to cook a drunk chicken. All i have to work with is a propane grill :( I was thinkin about puttin honey or something on it. But have never done one before so i will take all advice. Also was told to use lemonade and it made it better but i dont no

mike243

open a can of beer,drink 1/3 of it,put olive oil on the bird,salt pepper or lemon pepper on it,lite 1 side of the grill & turn up fairly high,stick the beer can up the birds butt & set uprite on the side thats not lit,close lid,open another beer & have a seat for about 2 hrs,during the last 15 minutes lite the bird side & turn down the other,this will make sure the skin is crisp,watch for fires,mike243

Buccaneer

Mike 243 is right! Season it any way you want it, but sip some of that beer yourself. I love it with Yuengling (?) or Newcastle or any Amber beer, you can't go wrong. My wife is hooked, no yard bird is grilled at my house unless a beer is jammed in its rear!

mike243

big 8's in Weakley county said:
how will you know it is done
a thermo is the easy way but grab a leg & twist a little,if you feel it break loose easy its normaly done,i also like to pull so that the thigh will tear loose also to double ck ,180 degree into the thickest section of thigh & breast ,a little pratice makes perfect :grin: ,allow your self plenty of time to get it done,you may need to adjust where the bird sets as all grills & wind can slow down cooking times or cause fires :eek: ,mike243

fishboy1

You will have better more consistant results if you drink all the beer and use 1/3 can HOT water or other liquid.

Putting cold beer can in raw chicken and cooking will result in longer cook times or unsafe interior temperatures, especially if using a smoker.

JohnnyBond

fishboy1 said:
You will have better more consistant results if you drink all the beer and use 1/3 can HOT water or other liquid.

Putting cold beer can in raw chicken and cooking will result in longer cook times or unsafe interior temperatures, especially if using a smoker.

What about using a beer that is a room temp?

Lawrence

I use a Weber charcoal grill
1/2 can of beer
favorite spices mixed into a rub
clean chicken
onion in chest cavity
rub spice on chicken
cook about 1 hour or until internal temp is 160

fishboy1

JohnnyBond said:
fishboy1 said:

What about using a beer that is a room temp?

That will work too but not as fun as drinking the cold beer and filling the can with Hot water! :D

mike243

the chicken & beer were in the same fridge so same temp,i have done bunches of them & aint nobody got sic or died yet,yes they may have gotten drunk waiting on the bird to get done but i didnt cause it :),mike243

medwc

mike243 said:
the chicken & beer were in the same fridge so same temp,i have done bunches of them & aint nobody got sic or died yet,yes they may have gotten drunk waiting on the bird to get done but i didnt cause it :),mike243

lmbo, you da man!!!

JohnnyBond

Picture002-1.jpg

Latest posts