Drew Montana

Grnwing

Found out today that my brother and I drew Montana! We will be heading out there for a Mule deer rut hunt in mid- November. It's been a couple years since my last Mule deer hunt and will be ready to go!

Who else drew?!

AT Hiker

Sweet! What part of the state you headed towards?
I need to check but I'm sure I drew, point a preference point last year as insurance for this year because all deer tags sold out last year (first time since they raised the tag fees). My grandfather also out in but he didn't ave a point because he drew last year.
We are headed to the SE corner for the opener on some private ground, we basically rotate between opener and a rut hunt.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grnwing

We ll be heading just south of Billings on public ground. My brother has hunted it several times over the last decade and has really good knowledge of the area. He seems to always find a good number of 140-160" deer. Nothing huge but more than big enough to be a trophy to me. Going on these western hunts is always a highlight of the year. Plus if we can tag out early in the week, we will end up chasing waterfowl or upland birds. You just can't go wrong!

Latest posts