Dove question

chimneyman

We had a pretty good hunt but not as good as usual 4 of us had 56 .But we had to hunt about an hour later than we normally do We didn't have the numbers of doves but what we didn't have were young birds probably no more than 12-15 young birds. Not sure if we just didn't have a good hatch in our area or if it's statewide. We were in McMinn county

mike243

Years ago when the hailstorm hit Knoxville I seen a lot of bird nests hit the ground, It had to impact all of them, but I am sure it was just a localized event. Not sure about storms north but could say it happens every at some point.

PalsPal

But we had to hunt about an hour later than we normally do.

We hunted opening day, and it was a clear, blue hot day.

Birds did not fly well until later, and then it wasn't the usual kamikaze that can occur.

We really couldn't find anywhere else to hunt all weekend. One of the worst ever for us.

We're looking at doing our own field next year.

Carlos

Matter of fact, I remember getting a call from my neighbor about a baby bird in their yard last May. I went over, and it was a dove chick, one of the parents was nearby watching. I found the nest, only 4ft high, in a Rhododendron.
I set the chick back into the nest, neighbor called me back and said the parent had joined the chick in the nest that afternoon.

I haven't seen nearly as many as normal around here either.

Latest posts