Dove Hunting in East TN

Snickerz27

TWRA finally posted dove fields for region 4! Yay! My dad and I are gonna try out the Ballinger Farm in Jefferson Co. We have gone there a couple of years and done pretty good. Driven by there a couple of times this year and seen a good number of birds. Anyone else hunted there before or driven by there this year? Has anyone ever hunted the other farm in Jeff Co? I think it is Warren Baker Farm. I didnt see it on the leased fields last year. Must be new. Any thoughts?

mike243

dont know about that field but 1 of the best shoots i have been on in about 10 years was at buffalo springs near your place,only down side is the draw,we had about 10 of us & people whined & groaned alot when we drew :) good luck & get a limit ,mike243

Snickerz27

My dad drove by the Warren Baker Farm yesterday. He said there was some very large power lines that ran over the field and he said that he bets there were 200 doves siting on the power lines there. We might try that field out on Monday.

BirdMan

Hey guys. Did you all do any good dove hunting last weekend? My dad and I didn't get to go and are looking for a good field for this weekend.

Kimberman

Model70man and myself hunted Hiwassee Refuge on Sat and Chuck Swan on Sun. Very few birds at both places, but Chuck Swan was better than Hiwassee, which isnt saying much! Both of us limited on Mon at a private field in Vonore, this field is always good, but its an invite only type thing.

mike243

you probly seen me there as we camped out & hunted sunday morning also,we were driving a red ford 4x4 dually,i was the good looking fellar with the sunburned legs :) mike243

Kimberman

mike243 said:
you probly seen me there as we camped out & hunted sunday morning also,we were driving a red ford 4x4 dually,i was the good looking fellar with the sunburned legs :) mike243

We showed up at about 4:45 PM in a beige 2 door Tahoe. I didnt realize how far you had to go to get there, it took me close to an hour and a half, and I figured it would take an hour. When we finally found the field, I knew I wasnt missing much when the first person I saw in the field was reading a book!

Lucky

It was a pretty good opening weekend in Southern Middle Tennessee (Lincoln County area). We hunted a friends on opening day and my dad, my wife and I all limited and had a blast. We hunted our place Sunday after church and limited again and saw even more birds. Wednesday we were in the fields and the doves were back, so I think we will head on back for a few more hunts. It is hard to beat a good dove hunt with your family.

Will you guys hunt more or do you stop after opening weekend?

Latest posts